She came back to me!!

More
31 Aug 2017 05:48 #770053 by whitskz
She came back to me!! was created by whitskz
A few years ago I joined the forum for support and info during a build I found myself in. I'd purchased a worn out 82 kz750 with what turned out to be a dead motor. I debated rebuilding the 750 when I found a deal on eBay for a 78 kz1000 motor, mostly complete for 200 bucks or so. Rolled the dice half expecting to have to rebuild that motor too, but I'd have a better motor in the end (bigger=better...'Merica!). Turns out it was a runner and the build proceeded, making it up as I went. Hard tailed the 750 frame, single backbone, Sportster tank, custom bars, custom exhaust, shortened forks, ditching everything but the bare minimum. Some fiddling with carbs and tuning and it was on the road, and fun. I bought another bike and the KZ sat for a few months, I was convinced I should just sell it. Sold it and immediately regretted it. Over the next few years I'd look for it on classifieds or just google images from time to time, wondering what ever became of it. Fast forward to a couple weeks ago, a buddy sends me a Craigslist link...it's my bike!! Contacted the guy, same guy I sold it to, went and got it back that night. Here's the crazy thing, he never even registered it. He put 495 miles on it in 3 years, didn't even transfer the title. Basically I paid 22 bucks for a new tag sticker and put the title back in the drawer...and bought new coils since one had crapped out, but still, an easy re-acquisition! Even my wife was on board and said, we gotta get it back. Terrible timing as we're preparing to build a house but, there's only one of these in the world!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Aug 2017 07:47 #770062 by diggerdanh
Replied by diggerdanh on topic She came back to me!!
Normally not my style of bike but she's a beauty! No doubt you wanted it back.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.