Springer seat

More
27 Dec 2016 09:22 #750781 by Epicface803
Springer seat was created by Epicface803
So I have a springer seat to put on my CSR 1000 and I'm having trouble visualizing how it should be installed I want to build a pan that still utilizes the original hinges and latch has anyone ever put one of these seats on and I need some ideas on what to do to make this look nice

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Dec 2016 10:34 #750783 by davido
Replied by davido on topic Springer seat
Having trouble picturing this. If its a springer seat ,it would be fixed/hinged at the front with the springs at the back. If its hinged at the side (One side) the springs would need be on the opposite side .Which would give for an 'Interseting'ride,Im sure. Going down a bumpy road,youre going to be bouncing around like a Weeble!
I understand that the OEM matress on a CSR is buck ugly but surely you can come up with a better solution? If you want to use the springer,maybe you can mount a front seat hinge on the rear tank mounting bolt? (Forget about the original hinges. Whack them off!) Failing that,just cut down the foam on the original seat or make a whole new seat and pan with fiberglass.
Good luck

www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/594313-csr1000-project-build
CB550 (1978)
CB500/4 (1972)*
KZ1000CSR (1981)
XT 600E (1999)
TDM900 (2003)

More
27 Dec 2016 11:00 #750785 by stratman
Replied by stratman on topic Springer seat
Adding onto davido's comments... Obviously, if you're going for a radical change and have your heart set on a springer seat, this won't help. However, my CSR seat was reupholstered by the previous owner and I think it was a major improvement over the original:

Attachment 81KZ650-2.JPG not found

I might like a little less overlap with the tank, but I'm pretty happy with it overalll.

Barry

1981 KZ650 CSR
Attachments: