another rolling frame

• 9er rider
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Keep a cool tool
More
03 Jul 2016 12:24 - 03 Jul 2016 12:28 #733710 by 9er rider
another rolling frame was created by 9er rider
I recently bought this sun blister in Utah. A 78 1000 ltd. unfortunately the motor is seized so Im working on that while I refirb the brake system and put new bearings and seals,17 K miles and very straight except the dork bars and early kirker. I have another motor for it, low miles,wind shield and sissy bar/hwy pegs, and TITLE. 500 bucks I couldn't say no. I kinda miss Brown Santa, and the warm fuzzy feeling when I get New motorcycle parts

76 kz 900 1075 76 kz 900 a4 78 kz 1000 ltd
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Jul 2016 12:28 by 9er rider.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 9er rider
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Keep a cool tool
More
15 Jul 2016 09:39 #735040 by 9er rider
Replied by 9er rider on topic another rolling frame
So I pulled the plugs, br8es hhmm. All Kawasaki cables never lubed tac cable leaked needed tightening I guess. Good, soft carb holders (will see) Front brake calipers and piston look new inside! poured marvel mystery oil in the plug holes and left over night. The p.o. said it would roll over last year. hooked onto the spark advance and backed it down no problem! I rolled it back and forth a few times and couldnt feel or hear a ridge, pushed down on the kicker.What a Marvel!! But no Mystery, HoneyBunny was watching and screaming when oil shot out 3 ft from the plug holes. OOOPs shop is all clean now and smells marvelous. !00 degrees today and air conditioned garage is a first for me!! Points and spark advance look new.My guess is.with all the 70s and 80s bolt on goodies and these god awful hwy pullback bars this thing was garaged until 06 then road hard and left out to dry in the back yard with 2 other bikes torn apart and every thing left lay. I'll put new plug wire ends check the valve shims new oil o rings on the drain plugs and try and build a fire in this thing and kill some mosquitoes! The tank had a liner but is all cracked and rusted. I like a bigger one anyway and a whole lot of massaging. I have everything to make it road ready stockpiled in boxes under the bench aside from sending rotors off to true disc. Sweetie keeps asking me, what do you need 3 motorcycles for? I ask her, why do you need 3 sewing machines for???

• 9er rider
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Keep a cool tool
More
22 Jul 2016 20:44 #735930 by 9er rider
Sitting outside for 10 yrs cleaned up a lititle for a start. Another surviver

• 9er rider
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Keep a cool tool
More
23 Jul 2016 09:53 #735972 by 9er rider
Half choke and just a touch of the button, I was amazed it perrrd like a kitten and only smoked long enough to burn the mystery oil out of the barrels. It gives a whole new concept in thought for which way I want to go with this bike. right now its making my $500.00 investment look like 1000,,,,, ltd I have everything to return it to stock ltd except the Jardine twice pipes but not very high on the list.