Mad Max project: 83 gpz 550

More
16 Nov 2015 04:54 #698908 by Mautuono
Mad Max project: 83 gpz 550 was created by Mautuono
Hi everyone,
I've decide to take on a project that someone else gave up one. Picked up a project from Craigslist for a few hundred bucks. It came with a GSXR front end and a halfway completed rear end. The prior owner wanted to use a FZR600 swing arm and cut all the mount off the frame..... Stupid. Anyway I decide to cut the rest of the back end off and finish the job.

I took a FZR600 frame that I also got in the deal and cut the rear end off which included the shock mounts for the swing arm. So far I've been able to put it far enough together to have a roller!

I had the frame and tank completely stripped and plan on spraying a clear over it when done. Adding some ammo box panniers and dual sport tires to finish the look

I'll be running the stock motor with tk22 carbs since I've read those are easier to tune. Already got them mounted to the engine. Have to modify the wiring harness and some more fab work. The list of work to do is still long but I'm making progress.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Nov 2015 03:27 #699056 by Ed_in_Miami
Replied by Ed_in_Miami on topic Mad Max project: 83 gpz 550
Cool. Are you going the monoshock route?

This is my build:
kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/600312-ano...rtment-build?start=0
There are many more like it, but this one is mine... news to come!

More
17 Nov 2015 04:03 #699061 by Mautuono
Replied by Mautuono on topic Re:Mad Max project: 83 gpz 550
The mono shock is already mounted you just can see it in the picture. I used the stock one from the fzr600. I just have to get some shorter dogbone link to get some additional clearance. I'll get a better picture today