New Bike, 1985 ZX750-A aka GPz 750!

More
09 Nov 2015 10:30 #697948 by Irish-Kawi
Replied by Irish-Kawi on topic New Bike, 1985 ZX750-A aka GPz 750!

Tyrell Corp wrote: If it is any consolation, a lot of sportbike riders find the modern hyper performance stuff really uncomfortable for long journeys.

You'l love the motor on that, smooth and tourquey like the z650 but with that headbanging GPz 'warp mode' rpm power.

What is it about GPz750's , whenever a member gets a 'new' one here they are always buzzing about it an there is always several lengthy threads :)

I was able to ride on it a few weeks ago for the first time to figure out if I really did want it and was the right option for me. Loved how smooth and torquey it was like you said but acted very manageable and wasn't intimidating at all. But as soon as it hits 7K rpms it comes alive and just screams. Its like hitting a warp button and just instantly going there hahaha.

As for the buzz, well they ARE pretty slick bikes :P hahahahahah

- Irish

All the gear all the time!

1985 Kawasaki GPz 750 (ZX750-A3) 15,000 original miles www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/601230...z750-refresh-project

Father - Husband - Bourbonr - Rider

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Nov 2015 10:31 - 09 Nov 2015 10:36 #697949 by Irish-Kawi
Replied by Irish-Kawi on topic New Bike, 1985 ZX750-A aka GPz 750!

scubaanders wrote: @Irish-Kawi
Sorry to hear about your condition, but I am all with you, you can’t stop doing what love!
I bought GPz750A -83 a couple of weeks ago and will keep it as a runner while I give my trashy GPz750R1 -82 a makeover this winter and I am also thinking of swapping the clap on’s for a more comfortable handlebar. There has to be some triple tee with approx. the same geometry that fits. I will let you know if I find a good swap.

@Tyrell

What is it about GPz750's , whenever a member gets a 'new' one here they are always buzzing about it an there is always several lengthy threads :)

Yes! What is it with the GPz750 ?

I was sold that day in May 1982 when I found this issue in our mailbox and I lost intrest in my Z500 with in a second . . . . .

/A

Would be curious what you find on the handlebars, so far I am a-ok with the cast clip ons but will have a much better read on how well I like them long term after being on her for a few hours at a time and getting some good seat time in the bike. Thanks for the reply and heads up! And a big congrats on the new GPz, pics!!!!!

- Irish

All the gear all the time!

1985 Kawasaki GPz 750 (ZX750-A3) 15,000 original miles www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/601230...z750-refresh-project

Father - Husband - Bourbonr - Rider
Last edit: 09 Nov 2015 10:36 by Irish-Kawi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.