Kz650 Value

More
17 Sep 2015 10:02 #690511 by jkran89
Kz650 Value was created by jkran89
I just got this kz650 in a trade. I was told it's a 1976 and its titled as one, but it seems like the production started in 1977? The vin number is in the 7000s. The bike is really clean with 7500 original miles. It has a Kerker 4-into-1 exhaust and Koni springs, other than that it seems stock. It wasn't running when I got it but I've put in a new coil, battery, and starter solenoid and I think it's going to fire right up when I get the gas tank reconnected. Could you guys give me your opinion of what it's worth? I think I did pretty well in the trade even though it needed a couple things, and I'm considering selling it.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Sep 2015 10:17 #690516 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Kz650 Value

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: Kunena\Forum\Libraries\BBCode\KunenaBBCodeLibrary::renderEbayLayout(): Argument #1 ($ItemID) must be of type int, string given, called in /home/kzride5/public_html/libraries/kunena/src/BBCode/KunenaBBCode.php on line 314. Please enable debug mode for more information.

More
17 Sep 2015 10:23 #690518 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic Kz650 Value
Well, it all depends on the running. The paint, despite being a re-paint, looks decent from the photos. If it starts and runs perfect, maybe around $1500. With a really good cleanup on the metal to make it all shine like new, maybe $2000. But, not running and not needing some internal engine work, around here (Chicago), take about $700 or so off of those numbers. If it needs a new engine, take another $100 or $200 off. These are very rough numbers and individual details (carb condition, electrical condition, etc) will play heavily on price.

For parts and info purposes, you have a 1977 KZ650B1. It's easy to spot based on the three screws, in a triangle shape, on the alternator cover. So, at least, that's what the engine is.

More
17 Sep 2015 10:25 #690519 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic Kz650 Value
By the way, I did not see Ed's post as I was writing my post, so we are pretty close on value.