Street/Strip 78' KZ1000

More
31 May 2015 21:36 #674696 by Blackout
Replied by Blackout on topic Street/Strip 78' KZ1000
I also need a set of pods for these 28mm carbs. I found some on ebay but if any of you have a good led on some I wouldn't mind helping a member or a members friend make a sale.

Same goes for a brass Y fitting for the fuel lines 1/4"

Thanks

I did it myyyyyyyyy Wayyyyyyy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
31 May 2015 21:47 #674698 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Street/Strip 78' KZ1000
Can't you switch the bowls? Not a full pic. I wouldn't worry about the cracks. You could solder them but they are the pick up tubes for the choke. Make sure the little hole in the bottom is clear using a guitar string or a strand from a wire brush. Also in the bottom of the choke well is another jet. Clear it too. Your petcock should have two out lets, one for each bank, R/L.
Steve

More
31 May 2015 22:18 #674705 by Blackout

swest wrote: Can't you switch the bowls? Not a full pic. I wouldn't worry about the cracks. You could solder them but they are the pick up tubes for the choke. Make sure the little hole in the bottom is clear using a guitar string or a strand from a wire brush. Also in the bottom of the choke well is another jet. Clear it too. Your petcock should have two out lets, one for each bank, R/L.
Steve

Can't switch the bowels, I have three left bleed bowels and one Right bleed bowel.

ok, if it doesn't bother the performance then I'm not concerned with it. I did clear all orifices..

I do have the two outlets but there is a brass T connecting the two banks. does this defeat the purpose. Should I just run one line per bank with a high flow filter in each line?

Thanks.

• BlackZ1R
  • User
  • Kawasaki in my blood
More
31 May 2015 22:54 #674708 by BlackZ1R
Replied by BlackZ1R on topic Street/Strip 78' KZ1000
Your bowels are bleeding left and right? You do have problems..... :whistle: :evil:
Like Steve said, that is a siphon tube for the enrichener circuit. It stays covered in fuel up to above the small holes near the carb body. Solder it if it is cracked so you get the right amount of fuel through it.
I don't think I have an extra bowl for you, but I do have a set of pods to fit those carbs, I'll swap them for the carb kits you didn't use. Let me take a look for them in my cabinet.
From the picture, you need one for the rear brake side of the bike, right?

Kawasaki

Someone once told me to marry that motorcycle I was riding ......there's times I wish I hadda listened .

• BlackZ1R
  • User
  • Kawasaki in my blood
More
31 May 2015 23:48 #674709 by BlackZ1R
Replied by BlackZ1R on topic Street/Strip 78' KZ1000
I don't have any bowls for those carbs, but I have a good set of pods for them. look up peter1958. I think he had a good bit of parts and sets of these carbs at one time.

Kawasaki

Someone once told me to marry that motorcycle I was riding ......there's times I wish I hadda listened .

More
01 Jun 2015 08:42 #674756 by Blackout
Replied by Blackout on topic Re:Street/Strip 78' KZ1000

BlackZ1R wrote: Your bowels are bleeding left and right? You do have problems..... :whistle: :evil:
Like Steve said, that is a siphon tube for the enrichener circuit. It stays covered in fuel up to above the small holes near the carb body. Solder it if it is cracked so you get the right amount of fuel through it.
I don't think I have an extra bowl for you, but I do have a set of pods to fit those carbs, I'll swap them for the carb kits you didn't use. Let me take a look for them in my cabinet.

And it hurts when I pee :woohoo: ........

Thanks for the info. I will go ahead and solder the cracked tubes.

I'll pm you about the pods. :mrgreen:

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
01 Jun 2015 10:49 #674770 by SWest

More
01 Jun 2015 17:58 #674854 by Blackout
Replied by Blackout on topic Re:Street/Strip 78' KZ1000

swest wrote: Run two lines. More gas flow.
Steve

Thanks, I've done some research and it looks like this is the way I'm going to go.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
01 Jun 2015 19:41 #674899 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Re:Street/Strip 78' KZ1000
My 33's have two inlets but one galley connecting all four carbs. They're made to suck the juice. :evil:
Steve

• BlackZ1R
  • User
  • Kawasaki in my blood
More
02 Jun 2015 07:19 #674961 by BlackZ1R
Replied by BlackZ1R on topic Re:Street/Strip 78' KZ1000

Blackout wrote:

BlackZ1R wrote: Your bowels are bleeding left and right? You do have problems..... :whistle: :evil:

And it hurts when I pee :woohoo: ........

Thanks for the info. I will go ahead and solder the cracked tubes.

I'll pm you about the pods. :mrgreen:

peter1958 should have bowls for these carbs.

Kawasaki

More
03 Jun 2015 18:40 #675160 by Blackout
I listed the Z1R tank and side covers with the Z1 tail section and rear fender for sale in the "For sale" forum

More
14 Jun 2015 21:13 #676613 by Blackout
So I'm waiting and waiting for progress to continue. After waiting two days for my uncle to search for a bowl through his never ending collection of basket case KZ's and CB's, I finally get a response. "I have that carb set up on one of my bikes in storage........but I'm going to rebuild that one soon." :pinch: He's been rebuilding all of his bikes "soon" for the past 25 + years, if that tells you anything. :S

So today I said screw it and got my bowl back, located a nice bowl on ebay and will get it this week. :woohoo: I figured after buying a torch, propane, solder and flux + time spent soldering. I'd be well over $30 spent. I can buy one for less or just as much.

On a better note, I did find a 5/8 inch offset sprocket on ebay for $48.94. It is used and is $30-$40 cheaper then new, If it measures out to be withing spec. then it will be fine for street riding and burnouts at stop lights :evil:

I'll change that setup this winter with a proper new offset sprocket and support bearing setup, along with an engine mount upgrade so I can hit the strip.

So as the parts roll in, I'll get them installed and pics posted.
Thanks.