Completed project KZ650: from the barn to the road

More
11 Jun 2014 20:36 #636255 by firechicken
I have been working on this KZ for the past several months, with the aid of advice from some long time members of the forum. I bought this bike as a parts bike for my other 81 CSR but when i got it running the motor purred like a kitten and I just couldn't make myself start pulling parts off of it. I posted the bike in the for sale section and a member said "it looks like a rust bucket covered by some wrap and paint" and in some ways that is exactly what it is, but regardless I am proud of the build. I took a parts bike that had been off the road since 95 and out it back on the road with a limited budget. And I did all the work myself in my basement, even the paint (it helps to work at a body shop). I modified the seat, put some wide solid steel drag bars, and simplified the bike as much as i could without trimming brackets from the frame. Anyway here it is, some before and after pictures on the KZ.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jun 2014 21:02 #636263 by KZErider
Great job!!! B)

81 KZ750E2(project), 81 KZ750E2(parts donor), 87 BMW K 75C - got it runnin, didn't care for it, holding for family member, 79 CB650(project) Nomad 1700, VStar 950

More
11 Jun 2014 21:26 #636267 by kaw-a-holic
Replied by kaw-a-holic on topic Completed project KZ650: from the barn to the road
Well done sir.

Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project