REAL 80 Z1 CLASSIC! BARN FRESH, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

More
04 Jun 2014 16:48 #635375 by saxjonz
These bikes???? Where should I begin? The emasculated look all to fit the computer. I don't like that part of the bike. But I do know where several are at right at this moment and a couple look like new with low miles. They are all for sale by this guy in Fort Wayne, In. I don't think he was asking more than 2k for the nice looking one and less for the ones that weren't as nice. What is so collectible about these? Is it just that they say Z1 classic? Is it that they are fuel injected, which had several issues IMO. I could have bought one with less than 10k miles in like new condition for 1000 OBO till I saw it had no tail.
I guess those things are all just "things" but rare and collectible is what makes things sell for money no? I mean Pintos are pretty rare, well, there are several vehicles that are pretty rare but the world doesn't miss them. This bike without a tail just isn't a kz to me. Fuelie or not. Most guys just swapped out the heads and carbureted them along with putting that tail back where it belongs. But if you are the kind of guy who isn't blown away by kz's with tails then sure...I guess...whatever trips your trigger right? :sick:

79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Proxy
  • User
  • 80% Human 20% Nuts/Bolts
More
05 Jun 2014 05:20 #635419 by Proxy
Pintos? Thats funny I have a friend with a Pinto race car. Not that there is much left in it that is Pinto but it's funny. AND I agree about the Classic. Not my favorite as the FI sucks and I too like the tail look. But ........Not that I wouldn't take one....or two.

Take it from me cuz I found
If you leave it then somebody else is bound,
To find that treasure, that moment of pleasure,
When yours, it could have been.
1977 KZ650 B1 Being restored to original (Green)
1977 KZ650 B1 Original (Red) Sold
1977 KZ650 B1 Donor Bike for Parts

More
07 Jun 2014 19:41 #635722 by nedrowjoe
All I am asking is what would you do? I appreciate everyone's input except for you who comapred a z1 classic to a pinto, lol, but not really, I mean wouldnt u be pumped if you picked up one of these with 4900 miles on it? Ill just take the shit talking as compliments. Instead of writing me a novel about what a piece of shit a z1 classic is maybe you can revisit my topic, lose the haterisms and just tell me, what would you do? Thanks for reading my rant but sheesh im excited about a new score and I get replies about howmy score is junk

More
07 Jun 2014 20:39 #635735 by Patton

nedrowjoe wrote: ...picked up a 1980 z1 classic...barn fresh...need...some parts re-chromed...4900 original miles...almost all complete, the stock exhaust is gone...no side covers, missing the key, missing the chrome covers for the back of the tach and speedo...everything else is there...engine turns over...dont have the extra capital to fix it up, I also could never part such a complete z1... What should I do? let is sit and hope to hit the lotto, or sell it and let someone else bring it back to life? What would you do?....

Pics?

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

More
08 Jun 2014 18:23 #635833 by nedrowjoe
Here is some crappy pics of her, throttle bodies and air filter components not in pic but I have all of the components, I have a stock exhaust for it, its missing side covers and tach speedo back covers, oh yeah and im missing a the key
Attachments: