KZ 550 Bobber

• Ryno550
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Cant stop working on kz's Started when I was 2
More
03 Jul 2013 10:48 - 03 Jul 2013 11:10 #594851 by Ryno550
KZ 550 Bobber was created by Ryno550
So I decided I wanted to make a smaller decently low and quick bobber that is not going to get me killed on the highways around here. I picked up a 1980/81 Kz 550 from a guy on craigslist.. perfect roller motor ran but wasn't hooked up.. wiring was fubar and well still is tank was shot(boooo.. i have to buy a new one) had a vance&hines exhaust system(just sold it! :cheer: ) and no seat or front fender. So far the frame has lost about a foot of steel from the rear end.. the air/oil shocks have been drained, compressed and welded top to bottom to lower the rear end. the frame was also cut and lowered 3 inches over the airbox/battery area to allow a sprung seat and minimum ride height. This thing is stupid low. Measuring off the collector from the 4:1 pipe 4 inch ground clearance. still have the stock wheels and front forks.. acquired a new paughco bobber tank for 30$ :woohoo: and a set of clubman bars.. cant wait to get her wired and set up with a new seat and some stopping power!!! Thinking of in the future changing the front forks to something lower as well as possibly going to a 17 front wheel instead of the stock 19. This thing is gonna be mean!!! Please send me any thoughts suggestions/concerns I love to learn from everyone!! Keep safe, keep riding!

Low, Fast, and Light, nothing better.

Chopped/Bobbed kz-550
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Jul 2013 11:10 by Ryno550.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.