Bought another KZ750 today...

More
19 Jun 2013 21:53 #593148 by QNman
Bought another KZ750 today... was created by QNman
... making me the proud owner of a '81 H2 (LTD) which has been neglected and left in the sun to dry rot, and an '83 H4 (LTD) which was very well maintained, right up until the day it was wrecked...

I actually bought the '83 for about $100 less than the parts I would need to finish the '81. Now I'm thinking of putting the '81 parts on the '83 and making the '81 my "parts bike".

Any differences between the two, please post, but they seem pretty well identical. I will get pics up when I pick up the ;83 this weekend.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jun 2013 21:02 #593518 by QNman
Replied by QNman on topic Bought another KZ750 today...
First bike - 1981 KZ 750. I rode this one home, but it ran anemically, and was pretty clearly neglected for a long time before I bought it. I paid $500.

[IMG

The second is a 1983 KZ 750. I paid $600. I got a much better deal, even though this one was wrecked, because it had clearly been loved prior to the wreck.

[IMG

I have begun the process of parting the 1981 to complete the 1983.

More
04 Jul 2013 09:46 #595015 by QNman
IT'S ALIVE....

The marriage was a success! She passed inspection, so I must have gotten all the bits together passably.

Attachment IMG_0439.jpg not found

Parts transferred are numerous... from the acorn bolt holding the shock that had road rash on it, to most of the rear end of the 1981 (lights included) to mirrors, a conglomeration of dashboards (bits from both making one working dash), headlight... I was even able to use the 1983 speedo, so the odo is still accurate. Even had to steal one spark plug and plug wire (one got rashed in the lay down), but kept the others (need to replace all with new soon).

Is it a full rebuild? Nope... but it works!
Attachments:

More
04 Jul 2013 10:06 #595020 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Bought another KZ750 today...
Looking Mighty Fine! :cheer:

If needed, there's a link in my signature for navigating kawasaki.com, where identical parts shared by the two models may be identified.

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
The following user(s) said Thank You: QNman

More
07 Jul 2013 22:30 #595460 by QNman
I have to ass this somewhere, and didn't see a place to post it, so here goes...

Oh. My. WORD this bike is fast!!! Holy HELL!!!! Once above 5,000 RPM, this this pulls like a freight train! I've never owned anything but V-Twins... this thing is SCARY fast!!