82 KZ750 H-3 LTD project

More
20 May 2013 17:17 #588390 by tsegal1
82 KZ750 H-3 LTD project was created by tsegal1
Hey guys! I'm new to the forum so I'll take this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Tom and I just bought a KZ750 off my buddy real cheap (he just bought a CB750 so he's happy). According to him and the mechanic that has been working on it, the only thing wrong with it is the jet plug cap in one of the carbs, which I just recently procured. This is my first bike and I've never worked on bikes before now but I plan on taking apart the carb and replacing the plug myself. One of the first things I want to do to this bike after I get it running is replace the seat. I'm not really digging the whole king/queen look. I'd really like to find a complete flat seat that fits into the stock seat pan but thus far I have had no such luck. I'm considering shaving the seat down but I have doubts in my ability to reupholster the seat and make it look like it wasn't done by a 5 year old. Are there any bolt-on flat seats for my bike? Thanks in advance for your help. I'll be posting more pictures as this project continues to develop.

Attachment toms_bike.jpg not found

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 May 2013 17:45 #588396 by Jrbrownie00
Replied by Jrbrownie00 on topic 82 KZ750 H-3 LTD project
Welcome. There is one bolt on flat seat option from overseas on eBay but I can't remember the outfits seller name. The carbs are easy, just take your time and put everything back exactly where you took it off from.

82' kz750 ltd.

More
21 May 2013 13:10 #588534 by tsegal1
Replied by tsegal1 on topic 82 KZ750 H-3 LTD project
Well the part that I got to replace the jet plug doesn't fit. It's too small. I have no idea why it would be too small. I searched via the part # and it's for my carb specifically. I pulled out a functioning plug to compare the two and as you can see the one the right (the one I got on eBay) has a different o-ring which I suspect is the problem with the fit.

Attachment image.jpg not found

I ordered another plug but the one I ordered seems like it might have the same problem.
I'm thinking it might be possible to make the plug fit by using some sort of filler material that won't corrode in gasoline. I have no idea what that might be.. rubber cement? Are there any such materials out there I could use to make this cursed plug fit?
Attachments:

More
21 May 2013 13:11 #588535 by tsegal1
Replied by tsegal1 on topic 82 KZ750 H-3 LTD project
Well the part that I got to replace the jet plug doesn't fit. It's too small. I have no idea why it would be too small. I searched via the part # and it's for my carb specifically. I pulled out a functioning plug to compare the two and as you can see the one the right (the one I got on eBay) has a different o-ring which I suspect is the problem with the fit.
[attachment:1]C:\fakepath\image.jpg[/attachment]
I ordered another plug but the one I ordered seems like it might have the same problem.
I'm thinking it might be possible to make the plug fit by using some sort of filler material that won't corrode in gasoline. I have no idea what that might be.. rubber cement? Are there any such materials out there I could use to make this cursed plug fit?

More
21 May 2013 21:34 #588618 by kzz1king
Replied by kzz1king on topic 82 KZ750 H-3 LTD project
It is too loose? Maybe a different o ring? Don't try any adhesive. I think you would have a mess.
Wayne

74 Z1 1075, 29 smoothbores, owned and ridden since 1976
Home built KZ1000 turbo setup

www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/532476...s-budget-turbo-build

www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/532489-74-z-makeover

More
22 May 2013 00:45 - 22 May 2013 00:54 #588665 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic 82 KZ750 H-3 LTD project
Part # 11012-1128 shows on kawasaki.com as being "Active limited quantity" from Kawasaki dealerships.

Would inquire at Z1 Enterprises as to whether another model's similar plugs might fit the carb at hand.
Z1E lists the following, and perhaps also others.

www.z1enterprises.com/ItemDetails.aspx?i...Honda&item=KL18-4690

www.z1enterprises.com/ItemDetails.aspx?i...L1000&item=KL18-4688

www.z1enterprises.com/ItemDetails.aspx?i...84%29&item=KL18-4689

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Last edit: 22 May 2013 00:54 by Patton.