Languishing projects but NOT ended!

More
15 May 2013 02:54 #587488 by CruisingRam
Languishing projects but NOT ended! was created by CruisingRam
I am still saving the money to get all my stuff from my old shop in Alaska moved here to Hawaii. I have not given up on my Z1 and never will- I am the third owner of this bike and bought it way back in 82. This is how it currently sits in storage. I rode it hard for 3 years after re-assembling it all mostly stock except for paint. I came to this site to fix up this bike in the first place, and after three summers of hard riding, it lunched a very, very old pistom. The rest of the motor is fine, just needing a rebuild. I am going max streetable HP while looking near stock motor wise externally- in other words, no power adders or aftermarket blocks, using the stock lower cases, cylinders and heads as a basis. I have built a chrome moly swing arm similar to Dutchz did on his bike. I have all racetech internals on police forks and triple trees, excell 17 inch rims on the spoked wheels, and can run a 160mm rear and a 120mm front. fork brace, tarrozi rear sets I already have as well. the motor is basically one of the big expenditures left, as most of the rest of the stuff is done and in storage. I am building a powder coating and sand blasting set up here in Hawaii in the new place i just moved into to get my Honda Shadow "freebie" bike going, for transpo and saile to finance the cost of moving my shop.

This is a good place for members to post pics of the project they may have started and life has got on the way of finishing, gone, but not forgotten and plans to keep on in the future. I see a lot of threads or bikes are languishing, many have been sold off, but this is a thread to post old projects you hope to restart in the future, and hope to sooner than later!

[IMG

Above is the last good pic of it before tear down. The paint scheme is pure early 80s, when the monochromatic look was in LOL

This is how it sits now, braced and ready for shipping to Hawaii as soon as I can afford it!

[IMG

1975 Z1 B 900- soon to be heavily modded
Pahoa, Hawaii is my new hom
I am working hard to save up the shipping money to get my shop opened here in Hawaii
I hate electrical stuff.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.