This Florida boy's '85 kz1000(p)roject

More
20 Mar 2013 18:15 - 20 Mar 2013 18:16 #577885 by Bushawg
He everyone,
This project thread is a carry over from my new members thread here .
Since the last pics I've removed the carb bank, removed all jets, soaked the carbs in pine-sol for a couple of days, (makes the shop smell clean)scrubbed them down and am satisfied with the results. I was amazed at the trash that had accumulated on the screens. If it ran it didn't run right. Clogged jets = no workie right. I'll get the carbs bake together this weekend and hopefully clean out the tank and maybe just maybe I'll get her back together to see if she'll fire off.

As you'll see in the pics I also stripped some items off of her, naked she is, well sorta.
Really I'm not really sure which way I want to go with her. I think having a fairing on the front would be nice, but I also like the bobber look. I think what appeals to me is about this bike is its potential to evolve into what ever my imagination can think of and how deep are my pockets. I don't want to spend a lot of money (alot is relative).
Some things/questions on my mind:
Not sure where to place the rear master cylinder, didn't like it exposed as it was.
Would like to put the large flat foot rest on her but are they a bolt on or weld on.
Definateley want a round front head lamp, I like the classic round head lamp look.
Then there is the seat. The one I've got is painful. Foam is old and dead. The seat articulates on two hinges. What are some other seat options.

Well thats all for now, enjoy the pics.

Attachment IMG_0545.JPG not found

Attachment IMG_0546.JPG not found

Attachment IMG_0548.JPG not found

Attachment IMG_0550.JPG not found

Attachment IMG_0540.JPG not found

Attachment IMG_0557.JPG not found

Attachment IMG_0562.JPG not found

Attachment IMG_0560.JPG not found

85 KZ1000p
06 KLR650
02 KTM 520EXC (for playing in the sand)
Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Mar 2013 18:16 by Bushawg.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Mar 2013 19:12 #577891 by Landfair
Replied by Landfair on topic This Florida boy's '85 kz1000(p)roject
Welcome to the forum and lookin good! Cant wait to see what all you do with the bike. As for all your questions it depends what direction your going. just about anything is possible especially with all the experts on this site! :evil:

06 Ninja 650r
76 kz900 motor and parts 80 kz1000 frame (project)
Ktm 520 supermoto
01 katana (for sale)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.