Adding Custom Triple Trees from our man Les

More
21 Mar 2013 21:11 #578054 by les holt
Replied by les holt on topic Adding Custom Triple Trees from our man Les
Any issues? It's the first set I've got of these being installed! They do look good and that really isn't a biased opinion!

Les
The following user(s) said Thank You: Street Fighter LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Street Fighter LTD
  • Topic Author
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
More
21 Mar 2013 21:22 #578056 by Street Fighter LTD
Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic Adding Custom Triple Trees from our man Les

les holt wrote: Any issues? It's the first set I've got of these being installed! They do look good and that really isn't a biased opinion!

Les

No issues at all Les,
I had to figure the project would need a new upper brake line and banjo bolt sending unit since they eliminated the big ugly splitter and brake lite sensor combo unit. Very small price to pay all considered ;)
Anyone who wants to retain the factory stock front end should love to have a set of these.
When you see this thing from the front , side or seat they just scream OH YEAH !!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: Cant wait to show them off this weekend at the show to Ron Finch, He will give me his evil grin and say Wheres Mine !!!!

Thanks Les , Your a real Friend
Dave
B) B) B)

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

More
22 Mar 2013 01:19 #578091 by Hollywoodmx
Replied by Hollywoodmx on topic Adding Custom Triple Trees from our man Les

Street Fighter LTD wrote: Will need to modify or make a new Boost Gauge bracket to complete the basic install,
B) B) B)

I'm on the hunt for a boost gauge that has lighting, mechanical and outdoor/motorcycle/boat. The liquid filled ones are easily found but I want something cool and non digital.

- 82 GPz1100injection
- 77 Kz1075 Supercharged
- 81 Yamaha TR-1
- 81 Yamaha xv920
Calgary

• Street Fighter LTD
  • Topic Author
More
22 Mar 2013 08:48 #578116 by Street Fighter LTD
Replied by Street Fighter LTD on topic Adding Custom Triple Trees from our man Les

Hollywoodmx wrote:

Street Fighter LTD wrote: Will need to modify or make a new Boost Gauge bracket to complete the basic install,
B) B) B)

I'm on the hunt for a boost gauge that has lighting, mechanical and outdoor/motorcycle/boat. The liquid filled ones are easily found but I want something cool and non digital.

Hollywood
Checkout Glow Shift Boost Gauges on the net. I found tons of super cool boost gauges that fit the description you asked for. 42 Dollars and up . Let me know what you think. It has me thinking about a new one too ;) ;) ;) ;)

Dave
B) B) B)

Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

• Street Fighter LTD
  • Topic Author
More
22 Mar 2013 08:57 #578119 by Street Fighter LTD
Check this out, Has 7 colors at push of a button. And they list tons more with lots more features :P

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: saxjonz

More
22 Mar 2013 11:45 - 22 Mar 2013 11:46 #578133 by Hollywoodmx
I checked them out months ago. Those and that competing cheap brand I forget, same prices. I guess they are total shit, not accurate, etc. The Diesel truck guys were all over them and gave them the thumbs down every where I checked. Might have to go with auto-meter. There are good jap brands like greddy, apexi, defi, but they are $$$ and not water proof (nor is auto-meter but they are a 1/4 the price). Also those jap ones might actually get ripped off your bike because of their attraction and value.

- 82 GPz1100injection
- 77 Kz1075 Supercharged
- 81 Yamaha TR-1
- 81 Yamaha xv920
Calgary
Last edit: 22 Mar 2013 11:46 by Hollywoodmx.

• Street Fighter LTD
  • Topic Author
More
22 Mar 2013 18:47 #578207 by Street Fighter LTD

Hollywoodmx wrote: I checked them out months ago. Those and that competing cheap brand I forget, same prices. I guess they are total shit, not accurate, etc. The Diesel truck guys were all over them and gave them the thumbs down every where I checked. Might have to go with auto-meter. There are good jap brands like greddy, apexi, defi, but they are $$$ and not water proof (nor is auto-meter but they are a 1/4 the price). Also those jap ones might actually get ripped off your bike because of their attraction and value.

OK I guess we rethink this one :blink:
I use a MR Turbo Gauge already and it works fine, just no pretty lights like you are looking for.
Thanks Dave
B) B) B)

More
22 Mar 2013 19:11 #578208 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Adding Custom Triple Trees from our man Les
It's pretty easy to add water-proofing. :lol:

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Attachments:

• Street Fighter LTD
  • Topic Author
More
22 Mar 2013 19:58 #578214 by Street Fighter LTD

Patton wrote: It's pretty easy to add water-proofing. :lol:

Good Fortune! :)

Now thats Funny :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

More
22 Mar 2013 20:38 #578215 by les holt
Replied by les holt on topic Adding Custom Triple Trees from our man Les
That's a good one, he sent me that when I was installing the autometer stuff on mine!
Dave, you got to polish those fins on the head! I was going thru the pics and it finally dawned on me, what is not right with those pics, I knew it wasn't the trees. :P Took a while to see it and I remember talking to you about it. It does make a ton of difference.
btw, it is looking good!

Les
The following user(s) said Thank You: Street Fighter LTD

More
23 Mar 2013 00:15 #578250 by Hollywoodmx

Street Fighter LTD wrote:

Hollywoodmx wrote: I checked them out months ago. Those and that competing cheap brand I forget, same prices. I guess they are total shit, not accurate, etc. The Diesel truck guys were all over them and gave them the thumbs down every where I checked. Might have to go with auto-meter. There are good jap brands like greddy, apexi, defi, but they are $$$ and not water proof (nor is auto-meter but they are a 1/4 the price). Also those jap ones might actually get ripped off your bike because of their attraction and value.

OK I guess we rethink this one :blink:
I use a MR Turbo Gauge already and it works fine, just no pretty lights like you are looking for.
Thanks Dave
B) B) B)

\

I remember the other brand, Depo, I seen them in real life today and they were shit. Needle didn't even rest at 0 properly.

I will probly go with Autometer NV as I want the white face to match the other gauges.

- 82 GPz1100injection
- 77 Kz1075 Supercharged
- 81 Yamaha TR-1
- 81 Yamaha xv920
Calgary

More
23 Mar 2013 00:28 #578256 by saxjonz
Replied by saxjonz on topic Adding Custom Triple Trees from our man Les
You know what??? I really like those trees but I think now that you are sporting the rolex watch time to change a few other things like the seat and headlight.

79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200