kz 440 project and parts

More
07 Mar 2013 17:04 #575818 by tugboatmatt
kz 440 project and parts was created by tugboatmatt
Hey guys, I'm still pretty new to this site and to the old kz's , so I had a few questions. I bought a 1980 kz440 last summer, and I've been pulling off the old, extraneous stuff that I dont need on there to bar hop like the windshield and large sissy bar on the back. I just pulled the horn (which didnt work unless I was completely stopped anyways) and the blinkers. I'm trying to turn this bike into something fantastic but I haven't gone in any direction yet (I'm thinking either a bobber or a cafe project).
-I am wondering where the best place to find parts in the Seattle area is that would fit this bike. ( I am still new to Seattle, but I heard Bent Bikes Salvage was good?)
- I want to know if there is a 2-1 exhaust system that will fit this bike, maybe from the kz650 or something? and if not from another bike than an aftermarket part?
- will the kz400 seat fit this bike? if any, what aftermarket seat would fit this bike without heavy modification?
-where can I find a new bucket (preferably chrome) for the headlight and is there an LED conversion kit I can use?
-is there an aftermarket tach/speedometer (again preferably chrome) that will fit this bike without too much modification?
-anybody know a good place for powdercoating in the Seattle area?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2013 17:25 #575822 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic kz 440 project and parts

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: Kunena\Forum\Libraries\BBCode\KunenaBBCodeLibrary::renderEbayLayout(): Argument #1 ($ItemID) must be of type int, string given, called in /home/kzride5/public_html/libraries/kunena/src/BBCode/KunenaBBCode.php on line 314. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.