KZ 750 LTD Sportbike project

More
17 Nov 2012 17:41 #558826 by mrcrwly07
KZ 750 LTD Sportbike project was created by mrcrwly07
My work in progress...
82 KZ 750H

It started as a really nicely kept, well used, stock daily driver that I picked up for $100. All the chrome is good, paint is pretty nice still. The previous owner was a good owner fortunatly for me. Basically all I did was clean and adjust the carbs and flush the old fuel and she ran pretty well. It currently has 33k miles.

Im short on cash for a while with a toddler and another on the way, so the wife is ok with me spending money on a "$100 bike". I had been looking at building a kz1000 for a lot of years but never found a decent one to start on, so Ive been planning this for some time.

First order of business was suspension. The ole 750 had to much frame flex and wimpy suspension compared to the sport bikes ive had over the years, granted this is not going to be a track bike with factory suspension etc etc im just building it for the fun of it. Ive managed to pickup some pretty good deals from random local sellers, ebay, etc. The front end assembly is from a 04 CBR F4i. It was just dumb luck that everything has matched up so well. I just swapped the KZ stem to the CBR clamps and have some new tappered roller bearings on the way.
The rear end is an 06-07 GSXR600/750 assembly. Ill need to grind down the inside of the frame 1/16" or so to fit the swingarm and fab a shock upper mount. Still have several small items to get yet, some rear end parts, upper triple clamp, clipons etc.

Once the suspension is done ill ride it a bit to work out the bugs (frame gussets, bracing) Then its on to motor work. Ive got a Wiseco 810 kit and some zx 750 cams waiting to go in hopefully this spring. Nice to have a place to see others ideas!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.