Can I do a Honda project on here?

• 9am53
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • homebrew, and some bbq
More
29 Jan 2015 15:48 #660076 by 9am53
Replied by 9am53 on topic Can I do a Honda project on here?
Here are some parts I stripped last weekend. I realize it's a 71 and a little 350, but compared to my. Kawis I find some quirky things. The stamped and welded frame makes wiring easy but it's kid of cheap seeming and looms lime a rust collector. Also the separate air filters for each side ie. left and right are different and have to be connected by a tube...stupid.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DoctoRot
  • Sustaining Member
  • Oh, the usual... I bowl, I drive around...
More
29 Jan 2015 16:33 #660080 by DoctoRot
Replied by DoctoRot on topic Can I do a Honda project on here?

9am53 wrote: Here are some parts I stripped last weekend. I realize it's a 71 and a little 350, but compared to my. Kawis I find some quirky things. The stamped and welded frame makes wiring easy but it's kid of cheap seeming and looms lime a rust collector. Also the separate air filters for each side ie. left and right are different and have to be connected by a tube...stupid.

The couple of old hondas I have worked on always left me questioning the design decisions they made. A lot of the time certain things seemed overly complicated for no damn good reason.

More
29 Jan 2015 17:48 #660085 by JR
Replied by JR on topic Can I do a Honda project on here?
9am53 wrote

I realize it's a 71 and a little 350, but compared to my. Kawis I find some quirky things. The stamped and welded frame makes wiring easy but it's kid of cheap seeming and looms lime a rust collector. Also the separate air filters for each side ie. left and right are different and have to be connected by a tube...stupid.

Strange air filters for sure. I had a green CB250 back in the mid 70s which I quite liked.
If you keep drinking that beer you`ll never finish the bike :laugh:

1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust

• 9am53
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • homebrew, and some bbq
More
29 Jan 2015 17:58 #660087 by 9am53
Replied by 9am53 on topic Can I do a Honda project on here?
Oh you noticed that big beer glass...lol

See that little motor in the back? That's the inboard for.my sailboat I just rebuilt. Vire 7.. very nifty little 2 stroke. I like 2 strokes!! Fu k there was nothing to it at all