First Cafe Project KZ650(Just started/In Progress)

• gabrielsnell
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
02 Oct 2012 14:19 - 02 Oct 2012 14:46 #552017 by gabrielsnell
Hey everyone,

Im makin this post so myself and others can track my progress as well as get advice from seasoned moto-mechanics on what i should change first or how to do stuff on a KZ650.

I have only done one thing to this bike. and that is the new exhaust. after buying it. i realized i paid WAY TOO MUCH and pretty much rescued this bike.

Electrical- The whole electrical system is a mess. I need some suggestions on how to make the electrical part as simple as possible... i only really want headlight, taillight, and electrical start (for situations in which i am in a hurry)

Engine and exhaust- i just put the exhaust on. i dont know how i should adjust the carbs or what to do now. i noticed when doing a 1st gear rolling idle, that it seems a little jumpy, like its an old muscle car with an automatic transmission where you can feel the engine pull every half second or so, im not sure if thats normal.

The SEAT- the last guy had good intentions but didnt do so well. as you can see from the pic. it is just sitting on the frame and moves while you ride it. I have seen one post on installing a new cafe seat and it involved A LOT of welding. i am not a welder. anyone know how i can get around this dilemma? will the speedmoto seat mounting kit solve this?

These are just some of my questions and why i have joined this site... so i can get help but still have built this motorcycle myself.

ANYWAYS!!! the pics!!!

Attachment DSCF2464.jpg not found

Attachment DSCF2463.jpg not found

Attachment DSCF2467.jpg not found

Attachment DSCF2472.jpg not found

Attachments:
Last edit: 02 Oct 2012 14:46 by gabrielsnell. Reason: insert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• gabrielsnell
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
02 Oct 2012 14:40 #552021 by gabrielsnell
Replied by gabrielsnell on topic First Cafe Project KZ650(Just started/In Progress)
just an idea of the electrical

[attachment:1]DSCF2472.jpg[/attachment]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.