Need parts & wiring diagram1976 KZ900C2 Chips Bike

More
05 Sep 2012 21:15 #546908 by gregr
I stumbled on a 1976 KZ900C2 Chips bike out here in the Midwest. It has been decommissioned by removal of the siren, red pursuit lights in front (Need two H5001R lamps) and the billy club holder. I am attempting to restore it for parades and exhibitions only. I have checked with the Iowa DOT and I can have it fully badged with the CHIPS emblems etc. I need a siren if anyone would know where there might be one. I can make the billy club holder. I plan to make in non-removable.

I also am in desperate need of a wiring diagram for this bike. I bought a Clymer manual that claimed to have the correct diagram, but it was for the 1977 model The 1976 is different.

These are a one year only bike being that 324 M/l were shipped to Dan Gurney in California and he added the necessary hardware, wiring etc. to make them police bikes. Mine is serial #18. Several of the parts such as the massive light bar supports and the cast aluminum floor boards were made at Gurneys shop. The floor boards are signed Dan Gurney Enterprises on the underside.

Any help that anyone can give will be greatly appreciated. I don't think there are very many of these left in existance and would like to see this one preserved for posterity

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 4TheKZ1000
  • Visitor
05 Sep 2012 22:13 #546927 by 4TheKZ1000
use a strip of bacon.. :woohoo:

More
05 Sep 2012 22:40 #546933 by Patton
May be no better than source already on hand for KZ1000P, but could try:
www.cyclepsycho.com/kz1000p/kz1000p.html

And perhaps make an inquiry:
www.e-classicbike.com/

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
The following user(s) said Thank You: gregr