Weekend Ride Results

More
28 Aug 2012 01:25 #545232 by Kevin STP
Weekend Ride Results was created by Kevin STP
So I hooked up with a couple H-D riding buddies for a Saturday cruise.Figured we could all get inspected,and take a ride down Cape.Welllll-The Spectre needs a rear tire and I learned about wear bars,otherwise the bike will pass inspection.We head off down the Highway and My little KZ750 keeps up with the big bikes just fine but on the way home I notice that when I rip through the first 3 gears and then throttle down the Oil and Fuel lites on the tach flash briefly.It has happened before,but was so brief I wasn't sure what happened and thought the fuel may be sloshing around when I let off the throttle but this time I had a full tank.Could this be a loss of oil pressure?
Today I was getting ready for a ride and found a gass leak.My fuel inlet pipe repair let go.I am having trouble finding a replacement.Oh I also mentioned to the Mechanic that the bike stumbles at about 5k rpm,he said it is pretty common for older bikes using E10 gas.So I gotta get a tire,find a fuel-T and maybe go easy on the throttle but man I had a blast on my first outing with friends-Priceless!!!

83 Spectre 750

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2012 07:23 #545245 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Weekend Ride Results

Kevin STP wrote: ...leak.My fuel inlet pipe repair let go.I am having trouble finding a replacement...gotta...find a fuel-T....

What type repair was attempted?

Perhaps an o'ring has failed on a fuel pipe.

If fuel pipe has raised rubber ridges -- instead of o'rings -- it's sometimes feasible to tighten the fit by wrapping with teflon tape (yellow teflon tape is supposedly more fuel-resistant than the white teflon tape).

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
28 Aug 2012 12:37 #545278 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic Weekend Ride Results
nice get out ride...i am digging the story

pics next time too

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
28 Aug 2012 17:57 #545334 by Kevin STP
Replied by Kevin STP on topic Weekend Ride Results
The fuel pipe is a plastic body with aluminum fittings,the plastic body is cracked.I have tried a couple different fixes- epoxy gas tank putty- but they have been temporary.Sorry no ride pics, but it was sweet.H-Ds were so loud it was hard to know when to shift.If you know the Cape the ride from Orleans to Yarmouth on Rt.28 is beautiful with ocean views.

Attachment uploadfromtaptalk1346187359148.jpg not found

.Pic of fuel pipe and one I fabricated with limited success.

83 Spectre 750
Attachments:

More
28 Aug 2012 22:57 #545364 by Kevin STP
Replied by Kevin STP on topic Weekend Ride Results
I was wrong turns out the leak was the fitting between the 1st and 2nd carbs,but I am getting quick at carb repairs.Started at 5pm and was done and able to go to a meeting at 7:30 and still have dinner with my wife.Cruising down the highway when the bike starts to loose power and needed full choke.Turns out the fuel line is kinked,but on the way home I got caught in a nice summer rain,Man the fun never ends.

83 Spectre 750