78 Kz650D

More
19 Jul 2012 12:15 #537054 by BizzareCustoms
Replied by BizzareCustoms on topic 78 Kz650D
Do yourself a favor and go to z1enterprises.com get a top hat gasket set and bowl gasket set for your carbs. Then go on eBay and get a fuel grade o-ring set think I paid $10 for mine and I have plenty extras for any future issues. Pull the carbs apart and do a good cleaning. They really are not that complicated and there is plenty of info on here and videos on YouTube just do one carb at a time and right down how many turns out any of your set screws and what not for reassembly. This way once it's back together you have a starting point you know works then you can find tune from there.

As far as the cleaning in the fins. If you have access to a pressure washer go buy some purple power from your local automotive store. It's pretty cheep and works amazingly. I even use it to clean aluminum before welding. Spray the groves let it soak a little while then pressure wash and should look good as new.

And for the exhaust. I'm not sure what that one is but I have a brand name pile I took off my 78' kz650 (i think it's a yoshi) if your be interested I can pm you some pics.

Keep up the good work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jul 2012 15:48 #537085 by strobel5
Replied by strobel5 on topic 78 Kz650D
Yeah I am only going to paint the crankcase because its all discolored, like someone tried to polish it. Ill look into the carb stuff, might as well do it since they are off. Ill try and blast it by making that diy blaster. Im good on the exhaust I was just curious about what I have. Thanks everyone for the help

1978 kz650d(SR)

More
20 Sep 2012 23:01 #549986 by strobel5
Replied by strobel5 on topic 78 Kz650D
Well I know its been awhile and I kind skipped alot of pictures but I finally got the engine together and back into the bike! :laugh:

Attachment IMG_1221.JPG not found

I did a compression check, cold, WOT, with starter and got; 1:155 2:150 3:125 4:175. My question is should I be worried about the lower comp. on 3? Also 4 seems high.

Also any tips on breaking her in?

1978 kz650d(SR)
Attachments: