81 kz750 ltd street fighter

• russiankzrider
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
05 Jul 2012 20:08 #534113 by russiankzrider
81 kz750 ltd street fighter was created by russiankzrider
Hey guys. Couple of weeks ago I bought my first bike. It hasn't ran seems 91. I did oil change and tried to start it. It was turning over but would not crank. I sprayed some gas directly in to carbs and the bike came to live. So now I stripped it down and going to rebuild carbs. Replace all the hoses. Bike has only 15000 miles and price was $150. So I couldn't pass it up. After thinking of going cafe I decided to do a street fighter. My cousin has front forks calipers swingarm monoshock tripple tree and some other parts from 2006 gsxr600. So this should be fun. Has anyone done 06 or newer swaps? I like newer because its lighter plus all I need is wheels and rotors. I'll post pics later tonight.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• porchev914
  • User
  • Whats that? Half of my swingarm is missing?!?!?
More
06 Jul 2012 14:03 #534262 by porchev914
Replied by porchev914 on topic 81 kz750 ltd street fighter
Hi, and welcome B) That's an ambitious project, and i for one would like to see you pull it off! I am running '06 GSXR 1000 forks, but I'm using custom triples. You can accomplish the same thing much cheaper by swapping stems. The mono shock will take a little more effort. Its less about whether or not the donor parts at newer than '06, and more that they fit dimensionaly without too much modification. Of course, you can make ANYTHING fit, it just depends on your skill and determination. Good luck!

FRANKEN Z!
1978 KZ1000 A2A with 08'Speed Triple SSSA and '06 GSXR1000 front end

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.