Canadian KZ305 LTD

More
23 May 2012 16:41 #524294 by ecannon
Replied by ecannon on topic Canadian KZ305 LTD
After a bit of digging I figured its 33mm clip on's that I need for my forks. Hoping to confirm this? Hoping someone might have some kicking around I could purchase, or any recommendations for where to buy. Also looking for some bullet style indicators, and new headlight mount and maybe headlight, gota see how this one cleans up. Cos I dont wanna pay $55/hr to use some else sand blasting booth, I'm going to purchase a compressor and make my own. So parts I'm looking for help with finding

- 33mm Clip on's
- grips (suggestions? I would like some cream ones to go with british racing green colours)
- bullet style indicators (x4)
- headlight mounting bracket

back to the hand sanding for now ='[

Daily
2004 Suzuki SV650

Project
1981 Kawasaki KZ305 CSR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2012 23:09 #524385 by Kawboy74
Replied by Kawboy74 on topic Canadian KZ305 LTD
What has worked well for me in the past is to cut a slot across the screw head with a dremel tool and use a slot screw driver and an adjustable wrench on it if needed for leverage.
David

1974 Z1A As original as I could get it
'88 ZX750R braided lines, mostly original
KZ1000 project on the bench
Burlington,Ontario,Canada

More
23 May 2012 23:16 #524388 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Canadian KZ305 LTD
Hand impact tool that you plan to get is handy; but be sure to modify Phillips bits or it will damage the JIS screws. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
26 May 2012 14:09 #524956 by ecannon
Replied by ecannon on topic Canadian KZ305 LTD
Just a quick updateto keep those who are interested in the loop, its slowing down. A few minor speed bumps. Waiting on power tools cut that pesky rear end off. Also trying to decide if I should put a round 'cafe' closed section on, our leave it open as there's already a already brace a few inches away from my desired cut location.
So while i'm waiting for my Canadian passport (just got dual citizenship from UK) I'll be sanding, oogling paint colours and trying to decide what parts take priority on the purchase list. Ordering some dcc 33mm clip ons and considering rear set linkage kit

Daily
2004 Suzuki SV650

Project
1981 Kawasaki KZ305 CSR

More
01 Jul 2012 21:18 #533202 by TheRustyJohnson
Replied by TheRustyJohnson on topic Canadian KZ305 LTD
I'm new to this and just got a KZ305 ltd also. I like the side covers you have on yours. I am wondering what other sidecovers would also fit on my 87. I'm having a difficult time finding the exact ones, so I would love to find something else that fits. Thanks.

1987 Kawasaki KZ305 LTD

More
02 Jul 2012 17:01 #533402 by Denvgasm
Replied by Denvgasm on topic Canadian KZ305 LTD

650ed wrote: You need to order a can of Kroil (see: Kroil 1/2 pint (8 oz.) can - $8.50 ea. in link below). You soak stuck screws with this stuff for 2 or 3 days before trying to remove them and they will be 1000 times easier to remove - no kidding.

Kroil is the best shit, and it smells delicious ;)

Kawboy74 wrote: What has worked well for me in the past is to cut a slot across the screw head with a dremel tool and use a slot screw driver and an adjustable wrench on it if needed for leverage.

This works good too though if you're in a rush. That's what I did on my carbs, the screws were wrecked. Replaced them with allen head screws.