A lower 1100 LTD

• dano83-1100
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • 1983 KZ1100 LTD
More
20 Apr 2012 21:47 #516989 by dano83-1100
A lower 1100 LTD was created by dano83-1100
This is not much of a project, I lowered the rear by almost 2 inches and put on new grips. I got some packing material for the muffler.

First pic is what the bike looked like when I bought it. The next is after shorter shocks put on.

It doesn't look that much different, but I can tell you it rides SO MUCH BETTER!!! I found the shocks from Parts 'n More on line. They are from Canada, they were only $85.00 plus shipping. They are on the lowest setting and nothing bottoms out...no dragging parts either. Rides like a dream and I have much more confidence doing low speed maneuvers. Anyone wantng to lower the back end these shocks are the Bomb diggity. I thought...cheap they are gonna suck...but not true..feel great.

The packing material and the grips are JC Whitney..$23 for the grips and the glass was $8. I may have lost a few horses..but honestly it was worth it to not have it sounding like a sport bike. Now it has more throaty sound...and it's pretty quiet when cruising. The grips are high quality, really heavy, stop pretty much all vibration.

SO ready for the season. Next is mirrors, bags, and tool bag. Over this coming winter, I would like to do one of two things...Duck tail rear, or get a bobbed wideglide fender, chop the frame, different fender struts, and a true king queen seat. Who knows...Big ups to my friend Keith Cameron who inspires me, helps me with my projects, and gives me ideas. You can see his website at cameronscycle.com/index.htm

He's an awesome friend and owns two of the coolest british choppers I have ever seen. One is a great Triumph, yellow. The other is an old BSA that really freekin' rocks.

Cheers everyone...hope your season is awesome.

[attachment:2]C:\fakepath\Big Daddy's Bike (3).JPG[/attachment]

[attachment:3]C:\fakepath\new hand grips.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment:4]C:\fakepath\shorter shocks.JPG[/attachment]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.