My first kawa. and it was free!!!!!!!

• shaun86chevy
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
26 Dec 2011 14:17 #494730 by shaun86chevy
Replied by shaun86chevy on topic My first kawa. and it was free!!!!!!!
So today after lunch at the inlaws (yuck) ima head to rural king and get a new grinder and wheels and some sanding supplies and start on the tank and frame today if the wifey let's me ( p whipped lol ) ill put some pics up later tonight. Of the progress. Goodday everyone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• shaun86chevy
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
27 Dec 2011 00:57 #494793 by shaun86chevy
Ok so a huge night tonight got a lot done I'm proud of myself lol. I got tje frame nubed off about 10 inches got all the unused brackets cuut off not ground down but cut off. I got the front forks in primer and some small other parts. I fot the first coat of paint on the swingarm and the brake support. Got the tank sanded down and the emblem holes filled in. I also suceeded in breaking a Allen socket in half trying to get the rotors off that was fun I aboit knocked myself out lmao. I don't know if this brush on paint on the swingarm is gunman look good enough for me I might goto plan b we will see in the morning when it drys. That's it I was gunman start sanding the filler on the tank but my daughters bedtime came up so that's for tommorrow.
Attachments:

More
27 Dec 2011 01:12 #494795 by ramtough_63
Replied by ramtough_63 on topic My first kawa. and it was free!!!!!!!
ok now thats motivation.

1978 KZ1000 A2
Thrown Together To Ride Til Winter
Facebook Page
Free Range Custom Art

1982/83 750R/GPZ
1984 Goldwing 1200 Interstate
1982 Yamahopper QT50
Previous
2 79 HD sporty XLH
02 HD FLSTS Heritage
60's HD Hummer
70's Honda 550 Four
70 Yamaha 100
and various enduros dirtbikes minibikes...

• shaun86chevy
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
27 Dec 2011 03:58 #494811 by shaun86chevy
So girls went sleep and daddy went back to the (workshop) and 15 min later my wife came in there nagging about mte being tooloud and there I am on the floor with bike on its side and pulling the motor out of the frame. I wasn't going to but then I was already this far I said f it and just did it. It's pretty easy too kinda heavy but if u lay the motor on its side and unbolt it then just weasle the out from over top of it its not too bad. So I got this done at 1245 and woke my daughter up twice but its done now what??????? Now for some serious planning.
Attachments:

• shaun86chevy
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
07 Jan 2012 08:09 #496884 by shaun86chevy
Well kz its been a while since an update. Had to much going on. But tonight I got off at 1 and my wife and daughter stayed at the inlaws. So I had the house/shop to myself. Lol, so tonighte I got the frame painted and got the tank done except for wet sanding. So tommorrow Im spending tiome with my family but my plan is to have a rolling chassis by monday. I plan to get the bars and maybe the seat next week or the one after I will update more now that I have some time to work . O ya got the front wheel painted. U cant tell in the pic but its a metalflake enamel it looks sweet
Attachments:

More
07 Jan 2012 10:19 #496891 by P21
Replied by P21 on topic My first kawa. and it was free!!!!!!!
looks good

easy on the family or it will be just you and the bike down in that basement

Kawasaki KZ 1000 Police (2002) P21

More
07 Jan 2012 19:26 #496945 by Capt806dfd
Replied by Capt806dfd on topic My first kawa. and it was free!!!!!!!
Shaun: Like you I wanted the bobber look for my 80 kz650 so I did a swing arm capture, removed the rear shocks then cut the upper seat frame and moved it down the meet the swing arm. Baught a solo spring seat off ebay and fabed a seat bracket just behind and below the tank. It is now a rigid except for the seat springs and the flex of the U-shaped seat mount. After getting the frame how I wanted it I got rid of all the electrics except for the head and tail lights and the charging system. Removed the starter and fabed a cover plate so it would'nt leak. Got rid of the instrument panel and tach, modified the speedo bracket, used an old fire engine spot light for the head light and an old cat's eye tail light. Painted the whole thing flat black with Daytona yellow stripes and accents and am now about to loose my mind because the engine crapped out two weeks after fininshing the build. Here are some picks of the finished project. Keep at it and keep up the pics as you get closer to finishing.
Andy
Attachments:

• ready2ryde1985
  • User
  • got to love these kzs
More
07 Jan 2012 19:40 #496947 by ready2ryde1985
Replied by ready2ryde1985 on topic My first kawa. and it was free!!!!!!!
My wife hates my bike I tell her all the time that it is the only thing I own that will outlast any friendship or relationship I will ever be involved in.

We had an arguement and I told her not to make me choose. She was apaled when I explained that I moved out the last oldlady and put my bike in my kitchen and would be willing to do so agen if need be. All ready got a spot picked out lol.

:side: :whistle: :woohoo:

84 kz 700 a1
82 kz550 ltd

• shaun86chevy
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
08 Jan 2012 00:10 #497004 by shaun86chevy
Ok guys huge monumenteus night frame tank swingarm are done and she is on her own two.feet again!!!!!!!!!!! This project is going so good I'm so pleased.with my work. O and trivia ques how many shades of.black do you see???? Hahahaha lol let.me.knownwhat u think
Attachments:

More
08 Jan 2012 00:33 - 08 Jan 2012 00:33 #497011 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic My first kawa. and it was free!!!!!!!

shaun86chevy wrote: Ok guys huge monumenteus night frame tank swingarm are done and she is on her own two.feet again!!!!!!!!!!! This project is going so good I'm so pleased.with my work. O and trivia ques how many shades of.black do you see???? Hahahaha lol let.me.knownwhat u think

Looking GOOD! :cheer:

But picking up some blue in there . . . like Superman's hair. :lol:

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Last edit: 08 Jan 2012 00:33 by Patton.

More
08 Jan 2012 00:57 #497014 by ramtough_63
Replied by ramtough_63 on topic My first kawa. and it was free!!!!!!!
good job man like the look

1978 KZ1000 A2
Thrown Together To Ride Til Winter
Facebook Page
Free Range Custom Art

1982/83 750R/GPZ
1984 Goldwing 1200 Interstate
1982 Yamahopper QT50
Previous
2 79 HD sporty XLH
02 HD FLSTS Heritage
60's HD Hummer
70's Honda 550 Four
70 Yamaha 100
and various enduros dirtbikes minibikes...

• shaun86chevy
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
08 Jan 2012 01:08 #497016 by shaun86chevy

Patton wrote:

shaun86chevy wrote: Ok guys huge monumenteus night frame tank swingarm are done and she is on her own two.feet again!!!!!!!!!!! This project is going so good I'm so pleased.with my work. O and trivia ques how many shades of.black do you see???? Hahahaha lol let.me.knownwhat u think

Looking GOOD! :cheer:

But picking up some blue in there . . . like Superman's hair. :lol:

Good Fortune! :)

Blue like supermans hair?????I don't get it. Aint no blue on that bike ne where