KZ 900 KUNG FU fighter build

More
09 Oct 2011 10:20 - 09 Oct 2011 10:27 #482148 by les holt
Replied by les holt on topic KZ 900 KUNG FU fighter build
Not new at it, I quit using it on the seat, ripped too many pants out, I put it on the handlebar grips now. Use liquid nails, not the flooring kind, takes too long to set up and you can still slip off. Now this is useful information you can take to your grave! :P
I aint saying nothin about the wood chisel or vice grips, You wouldn't want to look in my tool box.
Back to the build, I bought a Z1900 out of a junk yard a few yrs ago, friend told me about it, says look in the weeds next to the old barn falling down and you'll see it. Ended up having a fairing, trunk, 2 into 1 exhaust and laying down sunk into the mud, UGLY but I saw the little glimmer of a diamond there just as you did. You CAN bring it back to a new found glory, just stick with it, your heading the right way. ;)
Last edit: 09 Oct 2011 10:27 by les holt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Oct 2011 18:37 #482195 by purple_haze
Replied by purple_haze on topic KZ 900 KUNG FU fighter build
thanks jydog, can i see a pic of your swingarm mounted?

boostable, if its short i may go with a longer one, if you can get me length measurements on the two that would be awesome

les, thanks for the tip, i will have to try that

the trouble with you is the trouble with me, you got two good eyes but still dont see...
jerry

More
09 Oct 2011 18:41 #482196 by jydog
Replied by jydog on topic KZ 900 KUNG FU fighter build
Here is a link to pictures of my project

Album link

Andy my project
kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/378697-project-81-kz11r

81 KZ1000 LTD
Griffin GA

More
09 Oct 2011 21:21 #482209 by les holt
Replied by les holt on topic KZ 900 KUNG FU fighter build
18mm diameter, measures just under 12 1/2" under head to the nut screwed on all the way.
Hope this helps
Les

More
11 Oct 2011 21:36 #482628 by purple_haze
thanks guys, i appreciate it, i went to the junkyard today where i got a complete front end and wheel for $50 about 6 months ago and the bike was still there so i bought the rear wheel, swingarm and shock for another $50 today, its off of an 05 gsxr750 so it has the bracing i didnt really want and its painted, but i figured it would be easy to swap out at a later date for one off a 600 if i couldnt live with it, and for the price i cant complain,i figure i should be into the suspension,wheels and new rubber for under $400,so im pretty happy about that, ill post pics in a bit

the trouble with you is the trouble with me, you got two good eyes but still dont see...
jerry

More
11 Oct 2011 23:45 #482669 by Boostable
Replied by Boostable on topic KZ 900 KUNG FU fighter build
Hell ya you should be happy with that!!! And that year (model) of the 750 has the shorter swingarm (not to short) then the early model 750's which are approx 1.5~2" longer... so I think you will be happy with it.

It should fit nicely, as its the same year Im using (just 1000). So a couple of 1/8 shims spacers and it will be very snug. I may have a tid bit of info for you tomorrow on the sleeve, will let you know.

I guess you don't need any measurements now.. lol

~Jack

1982 KZ1000 J2 ~ Project (Street Fighter - Project Section)
1976 KZ900 - Daily Rider

More
12 Oct 2011 03:00 #482705 by purple_haze
yeah i get antsy sometimes, im not really sure about the length, i kinda wanted it a lil longer since im more into rolling burnouts than wheelies, heres some pics comparing the linkage on a 600 arm, im pretty sure thats from an 05 also, kinda wierd they would change the swingarm, linkage and everything for the 750, but the 600 and 1000 look similar, im not really sure if im using the swingarm, its got some rash on it too, what years were longer?

jerry

More
12 Oct 2011 03:09 #482706 by purple_haze
heres the 600 arm for comparison, its definately bad ass but just a lil to futuristic for my tastes, then a pic of what came off it for reference, if anybody wants the 900 parts they are free to anyone from this site who wants to pick them up in upstate ny, i dont really want to ship them so ill prob just throw them away if nobody wants them, the last pic is my helper,5 month old black lab jetty, i righted his photo before uploading but it tipped over in transit thats all for now folks

jerry

More
12 Oct 2011 03:24 #482707 by purple_haze
update, the 600 arm is off of an 06, that makes more sense

jerry

More
12 Oct 2011 09:08 #482726 by Boostable
Yea, they completely changed the pivot angle from 05 to 06 as well as the mount itself. The 06 linkage is just weird. I think you will find it much easier to mount an 05 or earlier linkage.

The early (86ish) swingarms are the ones I was referring to.

~Jack

1976 KZ900 - Daily Rider

More
04 Mar 2012 10:18 #507686 by Boostable
Qui Chang Kane.. Where you at man? How goes the project?

~Jack

1976 KZ900 - Daily Rider