Son and I want to start this 76 KZ900

More
29 Jun 2011 19:16 #460178 by Sactown900
Replied by Sactown900 on topic Son and I want to start this 76 KZ900
Since my fiasco with putting fuel in the bike last weekend, we are going to go through every component of the bike (fuel, electrical, suspension, starting, Brakes, etc) before we ever try to start it again.

I still have my Motorcycle Technitions Textbook from the two classes I took at Sac City college in 2005. I will use the book (and the Factory Service Manual I bought) as my Project management tool on the 76 KZ900.

Having gas leak out of the right Fuel Inlet T was not in my plans for the day. Good lesson on doing a check-off rune up list. We aleady foud numerous things that do not light up with we tried them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jul 2011 14:19 #460956 by Sactown900
Replied by Sactown900 on topic Son and I want to start this 76 KZ900

peter1958 wrote: Stop! You have the carb bowl overflow tube hooked up too the vacum line for carb adustment.

I bought a box of 25 vacuum plugs at an auto parts store for $6 and ran the float vent hoses back down were they belong. (I wonder why someone did this 19+ years ago?

Anyway. My 76 Factory service manual should be here this week from ebay, then I will began my front to back check-off on maintenence and tune-up issues, before trying to fire it up. With carbs 3 & 4 fuel inlet swivel leaking a rebuild may be in order.

Thanks for all the advice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.