Almost Done!!!

More
26 May 2011 15:53 #453711 by krayzrider
Replied by krayzrider on topic Almost Done!!!
Thanks leon. It's been done on a real tight budget. Gotta rid a brake light mount, rebuild front master cylinder and clean/ rebuild/ rejet carbs. trying to finish it up within the next couple weeks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 May 2011 19:13 #453737 by dejavoodo41
Replied by dejavoodo41 on topic Almost Done!!!
Looks good!

1977 KZ1000A With 1980 KZ1000A MKII engine, Wiseco 1105 kit, Dyna S Ignition, 3 Ohm Dyna Coils, Cams, Mikuni RS34 Carbs, Vance and Hines Pro Pipe with Comp Baffle

New Smyrna Beach, FL

More
22 Jun 2011 22:16 #458800 by krayzrider
Had to rewire the bike this past week and still need to rebuild the front master cylinder. The closer that I get, the further away I seem to be! Always something else! But...I am getting real close. I can't wait to get on the road and finally enjoy all the work that I put into her.

More
20 Feb 2012 23:03 #505373 by krayzrider
I'm on a roll now!!! Just made a tail light/ license plate mount! 1st thing I've done in months. Life just got in the way. I am taking it in to the shop next week and having carbs and wiring squared away. I just don't have the time and can't let it sit for another riding season. Can't wait to get her on the road.

• z1kzonly
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
More
21 Feb 2012 00:47 #505397 by z1kzonly
Replied by z1kzonly on topic Almost Done!!!
Just passing through, reading.

hocbj
&
krayz

Thank You for your service for our Country!

Livin in "CheektaVegas, NY
Went thru 25 of these in 40 yrs.
I SOLD OUT! THE KAW BARN IS EMPTY.
More room for The Old Girl, Harley 75 FLH Electra Glide,
Old faithful! Points ign. Bendix Orig. carb.
Starts everytime!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Bad Kaw

More
30 May 2012 12:12 - 31 May 2012 10:13 #525855 by krayzrider
Gotta say the tuning of the carbs was a major pain in the ass! I know....pods and open exhaust are not the best way to have a good running machine. This is my 4th KZ with this setup and this one was by far the most difficult to tune. Had the carbs apart 6 times before finally getting it right.

I want to thank the KZR "family" for helping with advice, support and even parts. This project took longer than expected and was also more difficult and expensive than even I thought. As usual...the builder spends more time and money than it's worth. Easier and cheaper to buy one already built but then you own someone else's bike and not "Yours".

Well this one is on the road so I guess its time to get working on the old airhead Beemer or maybe the 67 SuperHawk cafe. Or maybe I'll look for another barn find...who knows
Attachments:
Last edit: 31 May 2012 10:13 by krayzrider. Reason: add photo

More
03 Apr 2013 14:46 #580392 by krayzrider
Well....It's been a while but I did finally get the old girl on the road last summer. Had to tear the carbs apart 5 or 6 times before I got her running right. All is well and put about 4000 miles on her. Just got her out last weekend and with some minor tune and clean, she's back raisin Hell again. I live in the Maryland and the weather has just been crap! We need to get some nice weather around here so I can get out and ride!