kz550 2.0

More
17 May 2011 02:45 #451656 by jramsey89
kz550 2.0 was created by jramsey89
In 2009 I bought my first kz550 and I fell in love with it. I put a dyna ignition on it, painted it (balck with red and gold stripes)

and called it done. I took it on a trip with my brothers and rode the dragon which was awesome. It was a great bike... until a dog jumped in front of me.
Anyway thats not the point. This is about my new 550. I picked it up a few months ago and am working on getting it on the road using the best parts of the two and some new stuff. Tires, chain, sprockets, and brakes will be done as of tomorrow. Then all thats left is some odds and ends and paint. I am thinking of using the same scheme as my new bike only the black areas would be a deep red (like the car pictured).It came with a kerker header installed and I have a gpz quarter fairing as well. Tell me what you think. Hopefully I will be on the road within the next few weeks.
thanks for looking

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 May 2011 14:45 #451729 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic kz550 2.0
That first one looked sweet. Sorry to hear about the dog incident.

The new looks very promising. I like the planned color scheme.

• Proxy
  • User
  • 80% Human 20% Nuts/Bolts
More
17 May 2011 15:04 #451731 by Proxy
Replied by Proxy on topic kz550 2.0
Yes that first one was a nice bike. Shame about it getting wrecked. How did the dog make out? Love the 550's they are just great bikes( I like all the middleweights). I guess today they are called small fours but to me they are middleweights. Same with boxing I'd much rather watch lightweights and middleweights. 2 each their own. Good luck with #2. Sounds like it will also be easy on the eyes.

Take it from me cuz I found
If you leave it then somebody else is bound,
To find that treasure, that moment of pleasure,
When yours, it could have been.
1977 KZ650 B1 Being restored to original (Green)
1977 KZ650 B1 Original (Red) Sold
1977 KZ650 B1 Donor Bike for Parts

More
21 May 2011 22:10 #452655 by jramsey89
Replied by jramsey89 on topic kz550 2.0
Dog and I both made full recoveries. Glad I always wear helmet, and I happened to be wearing leather jacket and gloves and two layers of pants.