1976 KZ900 LTD rebuild

More
13 May 2011 13:09 #450710 by osukz900
1976 KZ900 LTD rebuild was created by osukz900
My first post here & I wanted to say a little something about my project. I have a 1976 KZ900 LTD that I got in September and finally got around to dealing with the leaking head gasket. I found more than I expected with some failing spring retainers and such. To my surprise the engine is over-sized already to 1166 cc :whistle: (75mm bore diameter). Dyna ignition was already installed with new stator and regulator.

Some questions:
- Where is a good place to get jets for the carbs? I have to check what's in there first but at this point I'm not sure. I do have 4 to 1 pipes and am adding air pods since the air filter box boots are trashed.
- What is a good option to upgrade the stock headlight? It's waaayyy too dim for my liking.
- Are there any suggestions of upgrades/updates that should be looked into for this bike? I'm pretty sure it's stock other than what I listed above.

Thanks in advance everyone!

- B -

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Proxy
  • User
  • 80% Human 20% Nuts/Bolts
More
13 May 2011 14:04 #450723 by Proxy
Replied by Proxy on topic 1976 KZ900 LTD rebuild
I'd get new boots for the carbs. That way match jetting and less headaches. You might want to get a halogen light.

Take it from me cuz I found
If you leave it then somebody else is bound,
To find that treasure, that moment of pleasure,
When yours, it could have been.
1977 KZ650 B1 Being restored to original (Green)
1977 KZ650 B1 Original (Red) Sold
1977 KZ650 B1 Donor Bike for Parts

More
13 May 2011 15:28 #450731 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic 1976 KZ900 LTD rebuild

osukz900 wrote: My first post here & I wanted to say a little something about my project. I have a 1976 KZ900 LTD that I got in September and finally got around to dealing with the leaking head gasket. I found more than I expected with some failing spring retainers and such. To my surprise the engine is over-sized already to 1166 cc :whistle: (75mm bore diameter). Dyna ignition was already installed with new stator and regulator.

Some questions:
- Where is a good place to get jets for the carbs? I have to check what's in there first but at this point I'm not sure. I do have 4 to 1 pipes and am adding air pods since the air filter box boots are trashed.
- What is a good option to upgrade the stock headlight? It's waaayyy too dim for my liking.
- Are there any suggestions of upgrades/updates that should be looked into for this bike? I'm pretty sure it's stock other than what I listed above.

Thanks in advance everyone!

- B -

Hello, osukz900, and WELCOME to KZr! :cheer:

:unsure: Am wondering if carbs are the oem 26mm Mikunis.

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD