rhcpinc's rebuild

More
09 Apr 2011 10:32 #443609 by rhcpinc
rhcpinc's rebuild was created by rhcpinc
Ok, so I traded a kz400 for this 1981 kz750 H2 LTD. It was bobbed.... I know there are people on here that like that but I do not. lol. I have the part of the frame they cut off and was thinking about welding it all back together. I just got the bike running again. It had two bad carbs. The make shift seat they put on it is down right awful... Its a metal plate with that black mechanics padding stuff glued to it... I still need a seat, blinkers, and control assemblies. (horn, lights, and starter button. my left one doesn't work, I think they took stuff out of it, and my throttle side is stripped and won't tighten down to the handle bar and the on off switch is broke and is now soldered to the on position.) Oh and I would like to switch the handle bars back to the original style instead of the straight bar they put on it. But, the project is going to have to be put on hold for a while cause I have joined the Air Force. Yes I'm a youngen lol. 25. So here's my problem. I could sell it as is for someone to finish the bob or I could keep it and not ride it for a long time... I hate to get rid of it but I'm starting to lean towards that. It runs good but looks like crap! Any idea what it's worth?

Attachment IMG_0416.jpg not found

Attachment IMG_1240.jpg not found

Attachment IMG_1768.jpg not found

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2011 11:22 - 12 Feb 2013 12:22 #443626 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic -
-
Last edit: 12 Feb 2013 12:22 by martin_csr.

More
09 Apr 2011 11:46 - 09 Apr 2011 11:47 #443633 by apbling
Replied by apbling on topic rhcpinc's rebuild
I got the same bike w/ the weirdo seat...hehe :) It's not bad.

But the handlebars do suck ass, unless you are a smaller guy. I'm 6" 200 lbs and pretty broad shoulders and they suck. My 550 has the superbike bars from z1 and they are worlds better. And not to mention you can control her a bit better.

As for the worth... I got my stock 80 750 not running (but was a diamond in the rough) for $300 and I think I got a steal. If the carb diaphragms are good, the average junkyard wanst 50-75$/each for them alone... at least that's what I've run into.

I'd keep it, but store it properly so it doesn't go to hell when you are not around. Then just work on it bit by bit. Unless you aren't interested and need the cash.
Last edit: 09 Apr 2011 11:47 by apbling.

More
10 Apr 2011 22:18 #443945 by rhcpinc
Replied by rhcpinc on topic rhcpinc's rebuild
I know it's not worth much. And I do love the Original look of the bike. I'm just dreading the wait to fix it up... :( I would love to start on it now but have to save for Basic.

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
More
10 Apr 2011 22:24 #443949 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic rhcpinc's rebuild
hang onto it,basic training doesnt last forever and when your done youll need something to keep your mind occupied other than getting wasted at the nco club and chasing women!
not that getting wasted at the nco club and chasing women is a bad thing,i seem to remember doing a lot ofthat when i was much younger! :woohoo:

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.

More
10 Apr 2011 23:35 #443962 by rhcpinc
Replied by rhcpinc on topic rhcpinc's rebuild
lol. Drinking and chasing women won't be happening anyway!! I don't drink enough to get drunk and I'm happily married and have a daughter. And they come before the bike! So hopefully I will have time to work on it!

More
11 Apr 2011 00:01 #443966 by jjack010
Replied by jjack010 on topic rhcpinc's rebuild
Keep it or part it out on ebay.......B)

1974 Kawasaki Z1
Central Texas

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
More
11 Apr 2011 00:12 #443969 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic rhcpinc's rebuild
well then keep the bike for when youre not chasing the wife around the yard/house! :woohoo:

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.