'78 KZ650B cafe/street project. Nuttin fancy...

More
30 Jul 2011 12:24 #465841 by rstnick
Looking great.
Nice work making the front calipers work.
The front fender stay needs to go I think.
It's at an odd angle.
I removed the ones on my front fender when I had a chrome fender, and rode for years with no issues.

Have a blast with her.

Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Aug 2011 15:42 #466190 by BURLEIGH

uncledirt wrote: Hey, if you addressed it already sorry. I have a question about the seat, did you have it done or DIY, that's about what I had in mind for my seat. How did you fasten the leather on the bottom? Also, looks like you cut a bit off of the bottom, the frame is exposed there I can see? Nice work.

Yes, I did the seat myself. I am actually not very happy with the way it turned out and plan to redo it as soon as I have some time. Unfortunately most of my spare time at the moment is spent riding the thing...:P

I just pop rivetted the leather to the bottom of the pan. I cut the original pan down to my liking and then massaged it a little with a ball pean hammer to shape it to the new contour of the tail section a bit better... The olny real issue I have with it at the moment is that I used some very low density foam and it isn;t much better than sitting right on the pan itself.:blink: Also, the leather I used was somewhat cheap an the color is already coming off... I will get it fixed up a little better soon though!

Thanks for the comments guys!

More
03 Aug 2011 20:27 #466683 by uncledirt
Replied by uncledirt on topic '78 KZ650B cafe/street project. Nuttin fancy...
Yeah, I tried to find a pic of a seat some guy did aways back (kz650), he formed the back pan into a slight curve going with the flow of the rear fender, looked pretty cool. I checked my seat and I have little teeth sticking out that latch onto leather etc. Gonna try and dumpster dive a leather shop after hours if I can find one around here. Oh yeah, what the hell is that blue frozen mountain in your yard, lol?

77 KZ650 'C'

Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn't they'd be married too.