82 KZ650 CSR into Bobber

• ShouterVW
  • Visitor
19 May 2011 03:03 #452053 by ShouterVW
Replied by ShouterVW on topic 82 KZ650 CSR into Bobber
Great Build! I am very tempted to make this my project over the winter. I love the look of it! I have an 81 KZ650 CSR, so I am sure it is almost the exact same procedure as yours. What did the upholstery run you if you don't mind me asking?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Proxy
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • 80% Human 20% Nuts/Bolts
More
19 May 2011 09:32 #452068 by Proxy
Replied by Proxy on topic 82 KZ650 CSR into Bobber
Hi Shouter and thanks. If you look back in the thread I did the cutting of the foam and the pan. My upholsterer used the seat cover and charged me $75. The cutting of the pan and the foam was intimidating at first but turned out very easy. Make a cardboard template for the curves so you get them even on both sides. One other thing is a electric carving knife is by far the easiest thing to carve foam. I highly recommend it. Cutting the frame was easy. I welded the back brace back in but I see some don't do this. It's not really a stressed part but it does make a nice fender or light mount. It is as comfortable as the original but a different style. I like shocks over hardtail as my back has issues. If you do it good luck it's not hard at all. It does strike up some conversations out in public. Must be the year of the "Bob" as there seems to be a lot of projects going on. I guess this is not strictly a "Bob" and more of a "Dock". It's Cropped and Docked. (Note: I don't believe in doing that to a dog but to a cycle I like it) Good Luck... If I can help let me know.

Take it from me cuz I found
If you leave it then somebody else is bound,
To find that treasure, that moment of pleasure,
When yours, it could have been.
1977 KZ650 B1 Being restored to original (Green)
1977 KZ650 B1 Original (Red) Sold
1977 KZ650 B1 Donor Bike for Parts

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.