the Ice bike

More
02 Jan 2011 20:57 - 02 Jan 2011 21:05 #419831 by KZ250LTD
Replied by KZ250LTD on topic the Ice bike
Maybe someday I'll actually get out on the ice but for now you get me going around in circles :laugh:

My new truck with bike loaded up

Down the back road by a power plant

Storm trooper time!

I did go and scope out the local lake that the car guys around here supposedly use for ice racing. It was frozen across which was good but there was also thick snow on top. We've been having trouble this winter with ice because most of our lakes around here are part of the same valley system and we had lots of rain this fall so even though it has been cold there's still open running water out there. This lake isn't part of that system but the thick snow does mean that it might not be as well frozen as it could be. I'll be getting in touch with the car guys sometime to see if they're going to plow this lake or I'll have to go north a couple of hours where I know there's a track every winter

79 KZ1000ST
Past:
Many.
Last edit: 02 Jan 2011 21:05 by KZ250LTD.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jan 2011 21:07 #419832 by KZ250LTD
Replied by KZ250LTD on topic the Ice bike
loudhvx wrote:

Do many of your neighbors ride in snow, or are you the "crazy man" in the neighborhood? :laugh:

There are only a few riders in the neighborhood and the only one I've seen do anything in winter was the guy a few doors down who ran his old Polaris up and down the street to warm it up :laugh:

79 KZ1000ST
Past:
Many.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.