wrecked my z1r need a few parts.

• 531blackbanshee
  • Topic Author
  • Vendor
More
07 Sep 2010 12:35 #396806 by 531blackbanshee
wrecked my z1r need a few parts. was created by 531blackbanshee
i thought i would make a post searching for a couple parts to see if anyone have any that they would part with.
i have copied my post from porchevs thread,to keep from retyping the story.

me and my buddy were riding side by side each in our own lane on a divided four lane street about 12:30 am headed home after a few hours of cruising around town(tulsa).we were approaching a street that we could have either went right or left on,i looked over at my buddy to see which turn signal he had on.when i looked right i drifted left into a center turn lane,and when i looked up i was centered up on the curb(5/6 inches tall 90 degree curb)for the center median running 40mph.i jerked the bike to the right and nailed the rear brake,i got the frontend passed the curb but had the bike sliding sideways when the rear tire hit the curb flipping the bike(highside/barrel roll style)so me and the bike flipped through the air and i came down with my head first on the curb.then i laid out and the bike came down and trapped my right foot under the tail piece and the seat and we slid down the road a little ways and came to a stop.when i came to (must have blacked out/got knocked out)i am kicking my legs trying to get out from under the bike and looking for traffic (which i figure is about to run over me).when i got my leg free i jumped up and grabbed my bike to snatch it up and thats when the pain (and sounds of broken bones)hit me. i hollered at my buddy who is still sitting on his bike looking at me like i just got killed,with his mouth open and a wtf look on his face and told him i needed help getting my bike up.he came over and lifted my bike up while i tried to help.he asked me if i could get on his bike and get me and it outta the street,which i did.he then pushed my bike into the parking lot i had pulled into and we checked it out and got it into neutral and hit the starter button and got it fired up.my right handlebar was bent down beside the fork leg and the bar and switch housing dented my tank.he goes "i can ride your bike can you ride mine?"i said "yeah,lets get the he!! outta here".he rode my bike to my house and i rode his bike(2007 h-d dyna superglide with risers and drag bars)30 miles with a broken collar bone(that is separated from my shoulder)to my house then woke my wife up and told her i wrecked the z1r and needed to go to the e-r.
suck story i know.
but my buddy that was with me and another friend came out the next day and pulled all the bodywork off(it is now back in primer fixing to get some new black paint)and checked out the damage.my rear wheel got bent(should have another one here tomorrow or friday)bars wasted,fairing ground up bad(repairable tho)windshield busted,dash cracked,right side switch housing ground down,right side foot pegs ground down,front brake perch and lever wasted,grips toast,right side fairing bracket broken(z1r specific sand cast alu).i had built some highway pegs that had the brackets just welded to the end of some pipe and clamped to my down tubes,those helped save alot.my points cover got some mild rash(which i have already machined out)my header got banged up.
i am trying to get me and it ready to ride by the 18th of this month because we have a memorial ride and party for my cousin(who's kz 900 i am building in tribute and which will recieve your carbon fiber bits).
fortunately i had my helmet on(wished i had my gloves and jacket on would have saved me a lot of road rash)i wasted a brand new (first time to ever wear)pangea speed t-shirt.wore the back out of it .the bike is fixable,i'll heal.
the good new is it is not the last dumba$$ed move i'll ever make .that one is yet to come .

the parts i need are :
right side footpeg(just the peg)
right side passenger peg(just the peg)
right side front brake perch for a z1r.they are the cable operated ones that have the levers that are thicker at the pivot,and have a brake switch in them also.
the upper part for the right side switch housing(can just be the housing i can swap the guts outta mine)
i think i have the rest covered just having a hard time on finding those item's.

thanks for taking the time to look,
now onto the carnage.

leon

skiatook,oklahoma 1980 z1r,1978 kz 1000 z1r x 3,
1976 kz 900 x 3
i make what i can,and save the rest!

billybiltit.blogspot.com/

www.kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/325862-triple-tree-custom-work

kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/294594-frame-bracing?limitstart=0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 531blackbanshee
  • Topic Author
  • Vendor
More
07 Sep 2010 12:40 - 07 Sep 2010 12:43 #396807 by 531blackbanshee
Replied by 531blackbanshee on topic wrecked my z1r need a few parts.
here ya go omr,a pick with my ugly mug in it.:)
i wasn't going to take pics(who wants to remember this crap)but my wife and her best friend ganged up and made me stand in the sun for pics.on four hours sleep after a broken collarbone and road rash,there time is coming :evil:.

1976 kz 900 x 3

Last edit: 07 Sep 2010 12:43 by 531blackbanshee.

• 531blackbanshee
  • Topic Author
  • Vendor
More
07 Sep 2010 12:45 - 07 Sep 2010 12:48 #396808 by 531blackbanshee

1976 kz 900 x 3

Last edit: 07 Sep 2010 12:48 by 531blackbanshee.

• 531blackbanshee
  • Topic Author
  • Vendor
More
07 Sep 2010 12:50 #396810 by 531blackbanshee

1976 kz 900 x 3

More
07 Sep 2010 13:03 #396813 by camaroguy
Replied by camaroguy on topic wrecked my z1r need a few parts.
Man that blows.the bike dosent look too bad.I had a broke collar bone once. do they have you wearing that funny brace that holds your shoulder back?let me know if any of my 81 gpz stuff can help.sold some of it but, let me know if you can use something and ill dig thru and see if I still got it.thats cool your buds got into it already.gave the pegs to kano already.sorry.

• 531blackbanshee
  • Topic Author
  • Vendor
More
07 Sep 2010 13:22 - 07 Sep 2010 13:23 #396816 by 531blackbanshee
yes they have me in the "figure of eight" brace.it is better than the shoulder immobiliser that they had me in when the pics were takin.at least now i can use my right arm.having it tied to me was getting old in a hurry.
the bike held up better than i thought it would.
i sat on my buddies bike and went through all the motions of riding and could feel no pain.although a good bump may make me wish i hadn't.

leon

1976 kz 900 x 3

Last edit: 07 Sep 2010 13:23 by 531blackbanshee.

More
07 Sep 2010 13:35 #396819 by T_Dub
Replied by T_Dub on topic wrecked my z1r need a few parts.
Jesus Leon, glad you're not hurt any worse, sounds like a tough crash! Bike can be fixed, and I'm sure you'll have her together again in short order. Good luck!

1977 KZ650B1
-810cc
-Cavanaugh Racing Head
-Mikuni RS34's
-GPR Muffler

• testarossa
  • User
  • Attack life, it's only trying to kill you.
More
07 Sep 2010 13:40 #396823 by testarossa
Replied by testarossa on topic wrecked my z1r need a few parts.
Leon I think I can help you out with the right switch housing. It's not any different than a KZ1000 is it? I'll check when I get home.

1978 KZ1000 A2 Click--->Build Thread
2004 ZX-10R
2007 Harley Sportster 1200
2020 Harley Street Glide Special
Angola, IN

• 531blackbanshee
  • Topic Author
  • Vendor
More
07 Sep 2010 13:43 #396827 by 531blackbanshee
thanks testa,i'll compare it tonight with a kz one.

leon

1976 kz 900 x 3

More
07 Sep 2010 18:04 - 07 Sep 2010 18:04 #396884 by rstnick
Replied by rstnick on topic wrecked my z1r need a few parts.
Sorry to hear of your fall Leon.
Get well soon.
B)

Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s
Last edit: 07 Sep 2010 18:04 by rstnick.

• testarossa
  • User
  • Attack life, it's only trying to kill you.
More
07 Sep 2010 21:20 #396946 by testarossa
Replied by testarossa on topic wrecked my z1r need a few parts.
Leon, I pulled out my old right side switch housing. It looks like yours, but I'm not sure. I checked on Bike Bandit's microfiche and they list different numbers for a KZ vs a Z1R. In any case, you're welcome to mine if you think it will work. The guts of mine are torched and it could stand to be repainted, but the metal halves are 100% intact.

1978 KZ1000 A2 Click--->Build Thread
2004 ZX-10R
2007 Harley Sportster 1200
2020 Harley Street Glide Special
Angola, IN

• 531blackbanshee
  • Topic Author
  • Vendor
More
08 Sep 2010 06:36 #396993 by 531blackbanshee
testa,
i checked mine over last nite and the bottom half is not scratched up.just the top half.so i went rummaging around and actually found a gutted top half that needs painted and has a good off and run switch assembly.so i brought it in and bead blasted it and will have it shot with some paint before i leave work.
i appreciate your offer and you digging the housing out and checking it.
i also found two left side driver foot pegs(i need right side):( .
and i also found two clutch lever perches (i need brake lever perches) :( .
i called my buddy and he checked his stash and found a footpeg(he says)he is supposed to bring it by tonight.

the front brake lever perch seems to be z1r specific because it has the master cylinder mounted under the fairng and is controlled by the cable from the lever.
i plan to cut an old perch with a mirror mount apart and weld mine back together,because it is not looking like i am going to find a good one anytime soon.kawasaki has discontinued them from what i was told.
i had to weld my clutch perch back together already so i know i can do it and that it will hold.it would be nice to find an an unmolested one but if i have to weld it i have to weld it,no biggie.

when i do the zx12,r1 front wheel,fabricated gullwing upper triple frontend swap all this wierd stuff will get hung on the wall.:laugh:

thanks for the kind words and checkin your stash guys.

leon

1976 kz 900 x 3