The Never Ending Project

More
21 Jul 2010 21:44 - 21 Jul 2010 21:46 #384524 by KawiConvert
The Never Ending Project was created by KawiConvert
It's been a while since I've posted about my bike "Moose". Last fall I tore into the exhaust to make a new 4-2 rather than my 4-1 (that may go up for sale soon). Also decided to get a new tank (same size) and graft an aircraft style cap and the tail end of an zx6 tank for inner leg comfort. Also modding the seat to be a little bigger. Next to last thing is the gpz750 engine that I've torn apart, and started inspecting that will get shoved in. Last thing is to paint it all Lime green with some custom Kawasaki Tank Emblems (not started).

Anyways, here is a picture with the exhaust setup on the one side. I still need to sand and repaint the cans silver. My goal is to finish at least the body work, controls (forgot to mention those), and exhaust in time for this years biker blessing ride (local ride sponsored by a local church).

I bought a little EX500 to ride till this one is done and took it in the last ride not realizing that it was less of a blessing and more of a chance to show off your harley to friends and neighbors. So this year I'd like to show off a bike that doesn't look like 5-10 others in the parking lot. The ninja was fun last year, but I kept wanting to just put on my blinker and pass 3 miles of Harleys in less than 3 minutes :) . Anyways, here is where it is at. Hopefully this will help me to be a little more dedicated to getting it finished.

1978 KZ650 D1 ~ Carb jetting: 107.5 & 20 & 4th groove with pods and 4-1 Exhaust
Attachments:
Last edit: 21 Jul 2010 21:46 by KawiConvert.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jul 2010 22:03 #384528 by Capt America
Replied by Capt America on topic The Never Ending Project
Those are some cool rotors, I love em. B)

Capt A merica
1983 K1 750 twin
Ontario, Canada.

More
23 Jul 2010 21:10 - 23 Jul 2010 21:12 #385172 by KawiConvert
Replied by KawiConvert on topic The Never Ending Project
Capt America wrote:

Those are some cool rotors, I love em. B)

Thanks, they took a few weekends to complete. If I do it again I think that I would get them water jetted instead of milled. Then maybe it would be 4 hours instead of 8 :).

On the exhaust side of things, I finally started it up for the first time in 8 or so months. Its been sitting waiting for me to get my act together. Here is what I've got so far with just the cans. Sounds good enough to sand them down, fill in the ducati symbols, and repaint them.

I also need to rejet the carbs. And in general to clean the carbs out. One of the floats was sticking a little.

1978 KZ650 D1 ~ Carb jetting: 107.5 & 20 & 4th groove with pods and 4-1 Exhaust
Last edit: 23 Jul 2010 21:12 by KawiConvert.