84 GpZ 750.....TURBO

More
16 Jul 2010 09:19 #383079 by thompsonmx100
Replied by thompsonmx100 on topic 84 GpZ 750.....TURBO
Congrats on the score. I have some parts i have a tank it needs to have the key freed up. PM me if interested. Oh and you dont want to make that mamma mad ;)

2006 gs 500 streetfighter
1982 gpz750 breathed on wreck
1985 gpz750
Kz 650

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jul 2010 10:33 #383090 by irishwill
Replied by irishwill on topic 84 GpZ 750.....TURBO
dude your worse than me....more projects ,family comitments,job,cars
it never ends...one thing for sure though...happy wife=happy life
do what you gotta do bro....it will pay dividends later...
nice score.

just a thought....you can find stand alone engine magment systems around for not tons of cash....one of those and a tial waste gate....hmmmm

• porchev914
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Whats that? Half of my swingarm is missing?!?!?
More
16 Jul 2010 11:26 #383111 by porchev914
Replied by porchev914 on topic 84 GpZ 750.....TURBO
I broke the news to her last night over Skype. It went something like this: "sooooo, I bought another bike..." "you did WHAT? How much did it cost?" "It was 400, and the only reason I got it was because it was dirt cheap for a complete and relatively rare bike" "I can't believe you, you were just complaining about spending $35 on a train ticket, then you turn around and blow 400 on a bike??? You haven't even finished the one you've got!" "In my defense, $35 is a lot of money for that train ride....." "you're not gonna be one of those guys that starts collecting a bunch of bikes, are you?" "Nooooooo, not me babe, never. But a Ducati would be cool...."

Ben, so far from what I've read, a dynojet power commander is the way to go. A tial wastegate would be easy to get and install. It sounds like with a little tweeking and minor mods it will spank the pants off most kz's :woohoo: I'll pm you Thompson, thanks

Adam

FRANKEN Z!
1978 KZ1000 A2A with 08'Speed Triple SSSA and '06 GSXR1000 front end

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
More
16 Jul 2010 13:20 #383147 by mark1122
Replied by mark1122 on topic 84 GpZ 750.....TURBO
WOW!. Nothing like a new project to get the blood flowing faster. Congrats on the Turbo.B)
That would be cool to wheelie in 5th. :woohoo:
I would have the same trouble trying to put 1 past the misses.
after running my kz on the track, i have come to the conclusion, that my next ride has to be 1 i can lean over in the corners. I was the slowest bike on the track this week :(
my buddies little ninja500 would pull away from me in the tight corners, then i would have to catch up on the straights. he would just lean it over and swoop around the corner. i had to hange off the side and wrestle it around the corner while watching him pull away. i felt like i was riding a side car. lol.
that Duc 1198, u mentioned, sure would work.lol.
Good luck with the new project.B)

76 KZ, frame gusset work,1200CC.Ported by Larry Cavanaugh, 1.5mm.over intakes, Carron Pipe, ZRX12 rear end, and seat,96zx9 front end.
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
16 Jul 2010 13:32 #383149 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic 84 GpZ 750.....TURBO
i try telling folks those little ex500 hual ass and are like an extension of your movements....they are real bikes and not to be waved off.....soooooooooo much fun and friggin single disk and drum rear...still they will do what you tell em and can sneak inside of most bikes around town... they are no joke!!!!
No simple learners or chick bike!!real bikes...

good you told her...long distance too...i gotta try that one...i feel they should be in front of you so they can see the pleading puppy eyes...you know the john bulishi tunnel scene from the blues brothers...

p,s someone just gave me a xt500 with no key ect....Amy did not even blink....it's like were running a shelter for run away bikes...

i was waiting for someone else to be uncomfortable first ...but since no one has stated the obvious...your wife is beautiful....:) lucky you!!!

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
16 Jul 2010 13:51 #383153 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic 84 GpZ 750.....TURBO
i think i'm only allowed one stray bike every six months though...

i once tried to step up the pace and things were sad at home everyday till i promised to do better...:)

plus she seems to sense when i have my sights on somthing and gets distant and quiet...just kinda tears me up inside to know ,she knows,that i know,that she knows,i'm on a bike binge....
...they are eerily perceptive when it comes to our toys....

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

• porchev914
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
16 Jul 2010 15:21 #383166 by porchev914
I can't deny it, I married a way hotter check than I deserved! :woohoo: I still can't shake the thought of her pulling out a RPG after a passionate kiss followed by a profound dumping.....RIP Belushi.

It WOULD be cool to wheelie in 5th. Luckily I've been practicing my 5th gear wheelies......on a dirt bike.....on a dry lake bed....at a much slower speed than a 750 turbo is capable of :blink:

FRANKEN Z!

• porchev914
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
17 Jul 2010 11:22 #383336 by porchev914
Okay guys i got the bike this morning. Unfortunately the bike was missing a few more pieces in the seller initially disclosed. DFI controller and the fuel pump are also missing. I was already planning to replace the controller but now i need a source of fuel pump......

FRANKEN Z!

• porchev914
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
19 Jul 2010 00:23 #383782 by porchev914
Made a lunch stop at In n Out in Hesperia and snapped a few pics so you guys can see the carnage

The ECM is supposed to be there...

The "surge tank" is missing, as is the fuel pump. Babbits lists the fuel pump at $404!!!

The header looked exceptionally clean

The tank did not..... :(

The speedo has a smudge on the face at 120 mph, like someone tried to clean a spot with acetone or something and smeared the numbers...it's wierd

After having some time to look things over and think about what I've observed, I'm wondering what happened to this bike with one of its previous owners. 750turbo specific parts are missing, leading me to think one of the owners began parting it out. Now if that were the case, I would think the gauges (and milage) to be original, but with the smudge on the gauge face, someone was in there, and could have rolled it back. The engine and frame have been repainted at least once. One fin on the head was busted, with the busted edge black. The other edges showed obvious signs of sanding after painting. The valvecover has a krinkle black finish on it that I don't think it stock either, with the PCV valves looped together to defeat the emissions system......:unsure:

FRANKEN Z!

More
19 Jul 2010 03:18 #383785 by camaroguy
Replied by camaroguy on topic 84 GpZ 750.....TURBO
looks like you got most of it.I think the ignition and seat are the same on the gpz.shouldnt be to hard to find.still has stock exhaust. probably pretty rare.definitely a nice start.Im sure the few parts missing can be found,just take your time. nice score.

• testarossa
  • User
  • Attack life, it's only trying to kill you.
More
05 Nov 2010 20:50 #411107 by testarossa
Replied by testarossa on topic 84 GpZ 750.....TURBO
Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I was searching for another member, and saw this thread. Anyway, I was just wondering what ever happened to your turbo bike? Do you still have it? Plans? Did you sell it? I think this has the potential to be a real mean looking and running old Kaw. I have been watching a CL ad for a turbo 750 in Houston for $7500. I guess he can't find a buyer at his price. :laugh:

1978 KZ1000 A2 Click--->Build Thread
2004 ZX-10R
2007 Harley Sportster 1200
2020 Harley Street Glide Special
Angola, IN

More
05 Nov 2010 21:08 - 05 Nov 2010 21:12 #411113 by kawsakiman
Replied by kawsakiman on topic 84 GpZ 750.....TURBO
i have a factory ecm for a turbo i can sell you.
i forgot to put the spare in the box when i sold the bike.
it's still in stock mode but there real easy to mod to race mode.
hope you have visited lorcan's sight and joined.
www.750turbo.com
i can put you in touch with the guy who bought it. i gave him the stock seat as well. mine had a corbin on it. i think he will sell you the stocker. he has 2 or 3 turbo's now so he has a ton of parts.including the stock pump and boost box i included in the sale.
he lives in ILL.

( damn i miss that bike. i should have NEVER sold it )

someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.
Last edit: 05 Nov 2010 21:12 by kawsakiman.