my impass.

• eyeofthestorm
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • its KZ kraziness!
More
10 Dec 2009 01:40 #338353 by eyeofthestorm
my impass. was created by eyeofthestorm
well, to start off with heres my crappy video of the "status quo," as it were, how she sits right now.

okay so my quandry comes threefold.

first of all, i would like to do some frame work on the old girl, if i do change her at all (thats the first issue. to tinker, or not to tinker?) i want to do a new backbone and hardtail, for a more complete looking frame and possibly a lower seat and ride height. now IF i do go through with it, im split again two ways.

one way, i build a nice straight wishbone backbone and follow it up with a nice angled lower half for the more traditional rigid style tail section, a bobber stance with stock rake, longer downtubes, and itd basically be the same bike only like two inches longer and three inches lower.

the other way is a little more involved, but i wonder if the look will pay off to how it rides, if i do go through with modifying the bike ill be putting footboards on it in place of the pegs, to try something a little different, but the second option is to stretch the front out, stretch the back out, shorten the downtube and flatten the top of the back bone, but go with a drop seat chopper style bike with stock forks.

so this is where im stuck at... i kinda want to make the whole thing look a little more complete rather than a mostly stock frame with a welded in rigid section, but i dunno if i should go classic style or contemporary drop seater, only minus the big fat tire (cause i hate big fat tires)

any opinions would be stellar.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Dec 2009 13:04 #338419 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic my impass.
id salvage stock engine cradle from existing frame so you motor mounting points and build everything else,much easier than starting comepletely from scratch .just hack the frame off above existing mounts front and rear B) might be easier to find another 650 frame to cut up and keep yours as a roller to get measurements from B)

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

• eyeofthestorm
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • its KZ kraziness!
More
10 Dec 2009 14:46 #338434 by eyeofthestorm
Replied by eyeofthestorm on topic my impass.
yeah that was the plan, to keep the bottom half of the frame but build a new downtube, backbone, and tail section onto it.