need advice on a purchase!

More
03 Jun 2009 07:33 - 03 Jun 2009 07:37 #295979 by kylevk
need advice on a purchase! was created by kylevk
so i've been looking at starting a project bike for the past year or so, recently i found an '82 750 LTD for sale at an auction and i could probably get it for $300, maybe even less as it doesn't run. i'm fairly posetive that it doesn't run just because of sitting....cleaning the carbs and some general clean up would probably have it running, but like i said i'm expecting a project. My overall goal would be to turn this bike into a fun bobber, not show quality but still finished. Are these bikes good for that? are parts somewhat accessible? Any info would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

kyle
Attachments:
Last edit: 03 Jun 2009 07:37 by kylevk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
03 Jun 2009 07:45 #295980 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic need advice on a purchase!
a member here named jordan has a 750 bobber and a lotta folks make em on that kawi 750 four platform....allways nice if you can get er running and ride it a bit to shake out the quirks and register and all...then when you do each mod you can still ride in between and if somthign comes undone you know where you were tin kering to trace it down...they can be overwhelming if you get to many strings going at one time...i got 1000j project and am always on the prowl online for some missing stuff and goodies...but untill i get er running it is a boat anchor project...after it fires and rides it is in a better way...also the 750 is a bike with a lotta parts around for it good luck...peace craig

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
03 Jun 2009 07:56 #295985 by kylevk
Replied by kylevk on topic need advice on a purchase!
thanks, i agree with the whole get it running and then take the mods one step at a time. Here is a pick (mostly just cause it gets me pumped )
Attachments:

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
03 Jun 2009 08:03 #295987 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic need advice on a purchase!
kylevk wrote:

thanks, i agree with the whole get it running and then take the mods one step at a time. Here is a pick (mostly just cause it gets me pumped )

HELL THAT AINT HALF BAD...i can see the potential there no problem...does it turn over....will it crank with a battery...the stock pipes and the bike look not to hacked ..thats a great sign...good luck..nice bike...better than a lot of starts here...craig

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
03 Jun 2009 14:37 #296063 by kylevk
Replied by kylevk on topic need advice on a purchase!
yeah it definately has potential....its at an auction so i'm not allowed to mess with it too much. they say its missing a few pieces but it seemed pretty in tact. i know the seat/mounts were not all there but other than that i dont really know.