Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

newby with a new project 01 Feb 2008 15:09 #192252

• route66paul
  • route66paul's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I purchased a running, but way out of tune 76 KZ750 twin. It turns out it is a B2, like a 77. I bought and picked it up tues, ordered some carb kits and then desided to get on with the chop. That's right - chop. thursday, I stripped it down, today, I finished stripping and cutting the frame, we are going to hardtail it, using the swingarm kicked back 6" and dropped 2". We will weld to the axle plates, reincorce and then cut out the rest of the swingarm. This way, the wheel, sproket and caliper will line up. I will post pics as soon as we start welding.

I have many parts that anyone restoring one of these might need.The seat needs a cover, the plastic is there, rear fender and airbox. I have no use for them and they can be had cheaply. The front fender has a dimple in the chrome, but looks good. I may even sell the gauges. we'll see. I need some money for tires, and othe extras which may make themselves known. This bike was all there, but is oxidized. I will also be rewireing and most of the loom is there, I would be nice to work from. I am going to use late model Honda front controls, so the rear mastercylinder and whatever and switch is also up for sale or trade.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: