• Page:

TOPIC:

new/old cop bike 26 Jun 2007 11:34 #152871

• mnielsen
  • mnielsen's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
HI everyone,

I've been on an '80 440LTD for several years and finally talked my wife into giving it a spin.
So- as it happens, I found myself in the market for another bike. (She didn't wreck it, she just wants to ride it)
I picked up an 87 1000P the other day with 24600 miles on it. It runs great and looks pretty good. I feel pretty good about it for $1000. I got it without the fairing and the hardbags. I'd have taken the fairing off anyway an dreplaced it with a less overwhelming windshield (any suggestions on a windshield I might want to check out?), but I'd sure like those hard bags.

So, my question to you is, where should I be shopping as I refurbish this bike and replace a couple odds and ends. I already spend time with the Z1 folks and they've always treated me well. Anywhere else I should check out?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

new/old cop bike 26 Jun 2007 11:48 #152873

• DrWhizBang
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
You do realize that by posting here you have just opened yourself up to unrelenting requests for pictures of the beast? ;-)

BTW, welcome!

Can't help you much with parts suppliers yet, since I am just starting out on my project. However, everyone speaks highly of z1e, and I am bracing to place an order there myself.
KZ650C2 w/810CC in Saint John, NB
-- a sleeper, methinks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: