Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

some few updated photos. 02 Jan 2007 21:21 #103103

• solomrus
  • solomrus's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
you came by here monday? we took andrew up north earlier in the pm, then we were downtown watching the fireworks for about an hour.

rock by tomorrow if you are out west.

--r

wireman wrote:

i was in osceola nebraska watching all the flaky white stuff come down,couldnt go anywhere got back yesterday morning .came by your place last night but no signs of life!gotta keep a bell on me ya know!:P

198o kz1ooo Bravo Four

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

some few updated photos. 03 Jan 2007 05:47 #103124

• steell
  • User
  • Thank you received: 207
solomrus wrote:

steell wrote:

that's payback for making me edit all those *#@%*& pics just so I can read what people write :D :D

And you still have more hair than I do, so quityurbitchen and get back to work! :evil:<br><br>Post edited by: steell, at: 2007/01/02 21:08

what do you need to do to the pics?

:evil:

--r

Edit the post and add size=550 after IMG to shrink the pics down to within the border.
Otherwise it pushes the text off into the black on the right side and makes the post unreadable. Leastways that's what happens here, I don't know if others see the same thing.
KD9JUR

some few updated photos. 03 Jan 2007 06:52 #103135

• solomrus
  • User
so, like this?

what does that end up being, picture dimension wise?

i'll try to abide in the future.

i was thinking that maybe if the active user list was dropped down to the bottom of the screen(go here for example: www.advrider.com), then we could have the whole screen for posting. that would allow 1024x768 pics, and a bunch more detail.

or, i could just include links to the hosted pics. sorry, just thinking too much this morning. too much sugar, too fast.

--r

Post edited by: solomrus, at: 2007/01/03 09:54
198o kz1ooo Bravo Four

progress, soon. 20 Feb 2007 13:28 #113914

• solomrus
  • User
picking up a tire from a friend this week for the 636 wheel.

then, friday night, it begins... the 636 swingarm will be fitted to my 77 kz1000 frame.

i'm hoping to get as far as having everything that impedes the arm either unbolted, or cut off the frame. so far, the rear peg hangers are almost guaranteed to be going bye-bye.

i'll fab the lower eccentric mounting tabs, and hopefully get those at least tack welded on. this will get me to where i can determine the upper mounting point for the shock. rear travel is 5 3/4 inches, so need to make sure the 180 rear tire doesn't shave anything important off.

pics to come, probably saturday morning, or friday night.

--r
198o kz1ooo Bravo Four

now with SWINGARM TOO! 23 Feb 2007 23:42 #114897

• solomrus
  • User
teaser shots:

and me looking pleased with myself:

partner in crime:

lots more to do. need to make a list. this is just mocked up and tacked in as well. a lot more to do on this alone. gives me a great idea of how it's gonna look, and it's even better than i had imagined.

more pics here:

thanks for taking a look everyone. more pics to come.

--r

Post edited by: solomrus, at: 2007/03/05 17:33

Post edited by: steell, at: 2007/03/06 10:47
198o kz1ooo Bravo Four

now with SWINGARM TOO! 24 Feb 2007 00:06 #114898

• austin3119
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
That looks awesome! Keep up the good work. I can't wait to see pictures when you have it finished.

now with SWINGARM TOO! 24 Feb 2007 01:03 #114908

• wireman
  • Visitor
solomrus wrote:

teaser shots:

[img] size=550http://www.nebraska-subaru.com/interactive/albums/albup62/IMG_2512.sized.jpg[/img]

and me looking pleased with myself:

partner in crime:

lots more to do. need to make a list. this is just mocked up and tacked in as well. a lot more to do on this alone. gives me a great idea of how it's gonna look, and it's even better than i had imagined.

more pics here:

thanks for taking a look everyone. more pics to come.

--r

Post edited by: solomrus, at: 2007/02/24 02:53<br><br>Post edited by: solomrus, at: 2007/02/24 02:58

4x4x4x4x4...............................:whistle: :P thatll cost me:P

Post edited by: steell, at: 2007/03/06 10:45

now with SWINGARM TOO! 24 Feb 2007 02:11 #114910

• Dr Zed
  • User
Looking great wireman, Awesome even, whats the swingarm from, looks the goods in black, should be a real showpiece when you finish, continue on with the great work.
B) B) B)

now with SWINGARM TOO! 24 Feb 2007 05:22 #114916

• solomrus
  • User
Dr Zed wrote:

Looking great wireman, Awesome even, whats the swingarm from, looks the goods in black, should be a real showpiece when you finish, continue on with the great work.
B) B) B)

LOL!!! wire's bike is a LOT more twisted than this one! this one is just my little 1015 motor'd 77 kz1000. 8^)

the entire suspension, front and rear, is from an 05 zx-636r. wheels, tires brakes... wanted late-model parts for a up-to-date look, and to keep the bike as green(kaw) as possible. this one i am building exactly as i want it, and not cutting corners or compromising on the build.

wire, i know, the 4x4's are probably NOT structurally viable in this application. 8^P had to do something to get pics. it's all about fashion!

--r

Post edited by: solomrus, at: 2007/02/24 08:24
198o kz1ooo Bravo Four

now with SWINGARM TOO! 24 Feb 2007 05:40 #114919

• indykaw77
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
Be REAL sure to post LOTS of pics and "how-to's" when you fab up a upper shock mount and get all that tied together.....enquiring minds want to know!!!!
Great job thus far!
Kawasaki Motorcycles...because cars lean th wrong way!

now with SWINGARM TOO! 24 Feb 2007 05:51 #114921

• vipex
  • User
nicely done...although your choice of rear monoshock from thr now famous 'spruce suspesion company' may give the bike a slightly 'wooden' feel in the corners.....:P

Post edited by: vipex, at: 2007/02/24 08:52

now with SWINGARM TOO! 24 Feb 2007 08:41 #114961

• wireman
  • Visitor
solomrus wrote:

Dr Zed wrote:

B) B) B)

LOL!!! wire's bike is a LOT more twisted than this one! this one is just my little 1015 motor'd 77 kz1000. 8^)

the entire suspension, front and rear, is from an 05 zx-636r. wheels, tires brakes... wanted late-model parts for a up-to-date look, and to keep the bike as green(kaw) as possible. this one i am building exactly as i want it, and not cutting corners or compromising on the build.

wire, i know, the 4x4's are probably NOT structurally viable in this application. 8^P had to do something to get pics. it's all about fashion!

--r<br><br>Post edited by: solomrus, at: 2007/02/24 08:24

no those are 2x4s,i was referring to the elevated ride height you got going on there!:P