Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

maybe this one will work 19 Nov 2005 10:50 #9023

• zaraskabat
  • zaraskabat's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello all, I am Ken and I have a few bikes in various stages of resusitation. First of all, a 1980 KZ750H1, (LTD) which is a soft spot in my heart. I bought her about 10 years ago for a couple hundred bucks from a friend. It was sitting for sale along the highway and was stolen, dragged into a field and the carbs, gas tank and battery stripped off, all the wiring and cables cut. It took me a year of hunting back then to find carbs and a tank that is from a larger Kawasaki but with relocating the mounting rings, it works. I rode the piss out of her for a few years and she seized up on me, the drain plug was stripped out so she began draining the oil. In the meanwhile, my wife took a riding course and I bought a crankshaft assy and put her back together, tried cutting corners and found no compression on a couple cylinders, long story short, scored another motor with low miles on ebay and am finishing up right now with the install, was cheaper than boring, replacing pistons and rings, etc, not to mention valve job. Just have to install airbox, connect clutch and tank lines and fluids and she should be running tomorrow. The wife is quite pleased with this bike so I gave it to her. Will post a pic once she is running and cleaned up a little.

I also have a 1975 Honda GL1000, been sitting for 12 years and I have accumulated almost everything to get it running again. I still need timing cover seals and maybe master cylinder kits, then the work can start.

My daily rider is a 1972 Harley Electraglide, nearly stock that we rode from Ft Myers FL to El Paso TX and back this summer. I also have a newly built custom panhead motor that I am on the fence about.

Also have a 79 KZ750 twin motor that I might do something with if the right chopper frame comes around.

That's my garage in a nutshell.......
Ken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

maybe this one will work 19 Nov 2005 10:56 #9025

• 79MKII
  • User
  • Love Them Kaws!
  • Thank you received: 43
Welcome to KZ Rider. Those old bikes are hard to part with, aren't they? I'm glad you kept it and fixed it up. This site is awesome, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I am here everyday looking for info and sharing what I know. I have learned a lot from the other members here. They are an unbelievable source of knowledge (and entertainment too!!):P

Post edited by: 79MKII, at: 2005/11/19 13:56
The Kaw List:
Current: 79 KZ1000 A3 MKII, 78 KZ1000 A2, 78 KZ1000 Z1-R, 78 KZ650 SR, 80 KE175
Former: 03 KLX400SR, 99 ZRX1000, 82 KZ750 LTD, 80 KZ1000 A4 MKII, 80 KZ1000 LTD, 78 KZ1000 A2, 74 H-2 750 Triple, 78 KL250

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: