Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

I just noticed this forum 25 Oct 2006 10:40 #87210

• Bicycle Lee
  • Bicycle Lee's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
So I've been posting for a little while, but I just saw this thread.
My name is Brendan and I live in Salt Lake City, Utah. I just bought a decommissioned 78 KZ1000 police bike. The ad said it has been modified to look like a bike from Mad Max...haha. It sure is pretty raw looking. I love it though. SO, it ran when I got it, had some trouble shifting and the guy who sold it to me said it would need some carb work. But for a running bike with only 27K miles I figured 500 was a pretty good deal. My initial visit to the mechanic included: carb cleaning, fuel filter(my tank is rusty on the inside), cleaning plugs, and turning it into a hard tail. The ride home was great. I got to my folks house to say hi and when I got back on the bike it wouldn't start. My electronic ignition had fried. So I switched back to points, got a new APE race clutch, clutch cable, cut the exhaust off (haha). It runs like a damn dream now. Still to get: I need to fix my tach, new mirrors, new grips, clean and seal my tank, and paint the bike. I'd like to put a wider tire on the back, but we'll see if it's worth the work.
1978 KZ1000 police

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I just noticed this forum 25 Oct 2006 10:47 #87212

• Mcdroid
  • User
  • Gone Kwackers
  • Thank you received: 304
Okay Brendan, we forgive you:laugh: :laugh: Welcome:)
Michael
Alvin, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: