• Page:

TOPIC:

Intro 25 Oct 2006 09:24 #87193

• gearhead
  • gearhead's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi everyone!

I am 55 years old and have recently returned to riding.I have 2 sons that I wanted to protect from the dangers of street riding while they were growing up so I stopped riding around 1980, although I did introduce them to dirt bikes on our own property. Previous to that I had numerous bikes including Kaw 250 Enduro, early 70's, Triumph 500 Chopper and finally 1972 750 H2. Always wrenching on all of them! Anyway,my youngest son, 20, wanted to start street riding so this summer we bought him a 1980 Yamaha XJ650 shaft drive that came with a parts bike. Before long we had it running right and I reignited the fever. Not being one to buy a crotchrocket, although they are intriguing, I bought the coolest thing I remembered from when I stopped riding: KZ1000LTD. I still have the H2 in the garage although I haven't run it in a long time.The LTD is a great bike with few issues. It only has 2900 miles on it and looks great. I do have an odd miss that I am exploring, it appears to be running on only 3 cylinders. And I need to replace the orinal Eagle GT tires. Any recommendations? Anyway, too longwinded. I look forward to talking with you guys and I am really glad I found this website. My son thinks my KZ is old school but I think it's perfect!!

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Intro 25 Oct 2006 09:40 #87199

• Mcdroid
  • User
  • Gone Kwackers
  • Thank you received: 304
Welcome Dave!

Although this is a 'Z' site, there will be some members that will be foaming-at-the-mouth to see that H2. I'd like to see the B4. I also have a child (a daughter) that is really interested in motorcycles but is uninterested in Dad's bikes (too old-school) but does want a new 500 Ninja. There are some new replacements for 'white letter' tires but I don't recall the specifics... another member will surely chime in:)
Michael
Alvin, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: