Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New member 14 Oct 2006 14:06 #84272

• kawasaki_kid
  • kawasaki_kid's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
-Hey guys. Im a new member, but im not new to the site. Im reborn650's son, and I am 13 years old. I have my own old Kawasaki, a 1974 Kawasaki KS125, which my dad and I restored last winter. It is my first real bike, aside to the three pocket bikes we had earlier. To my knowledge, I am the youngest member of KZR, which is pretty cool.
(Reborn650's son)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by kawasaki_kid.

New member 14 Oct 2006 14:09 #84273

• Nevco48
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
Welcome Zach! That is cool that you can work on bikes with your father. How long til you get a motorcycle license?

New member 14 Oct 2006 14:20 #84275

• KZ250LTD
  • User
  • Thank you received: 16
79 KZ1000ST
Past:
Many.

Last edit: by KZ250LTD.

New member 14 Oct 2006 16:49 #84311

• EsaPro
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Welcome Zach! Funny, my kids just look at the old man kinda funny since he got his motorcycle! ;)

I think it is great that you and your Dad have this in common. Now you need to get a good project bike to work on together! It is a wonderful thing to ride something you personally have had a hand in getting setup just the way you want it.

Ride safe! (oooppps... The Dad thing kicked in again!)
Jim
79 KZ750 Twin (Fun!)
07 Yamaha 1300 (Plush!)

New member 14 Oct 2006 17:14 #84323

• wireman
  • Visitor
wireman,or wire boy in those days when i was 14 like 27 years ago:P
Attachments:

New member 14 Oct 2006 17:17 #84326

• kawsakiman
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
like your dad. got a lot of respect for him and his advice he gave me. your not new to this sight so i guess welcome is a little out of order. like the bike,looks like you did a good job. youngest member is cool, it means you got a jump-start on us old foogies! (now, steal your dad's bike and ride it to my house,i only need his pistons)all that's left is for you to tell us the story over your avatar

Post edited by: kawsakiman, at: 2006/10/14 20:18
someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.

New member 14 Oct 2006 18:59 #84368

• kawasaki_kid
  • kawasaki_kid's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks guys. From what i've read, you all are good guys with something in common- a love for all things KZ. I look forward to being a member of this great website

- reborn650's son
1974 Kawasaki KS125 enduro/offroad (reborn650 and I restored it) pop's bike- 1977 Kawasaki KZ650C with too many go-fast goodies to list. (restored with dad)
the un-official youngest KZR member

Last edit: by kawasaki_kid.

New member 14 Oct 2006 20:19 #84380

• 77KZ650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
Nice job on the bike, get lots of expirience and maybe your dad will let you drive the 810 in 3 yrs when you get licensed;) (hey Colin, just get a rev limiter and set it at 4500 for the first week;) )
now you just need to get a good middle weight project bike going, take your time and get it perfect over the next 3 yrs
Scott
07 MDP Rookie of the Year
01 ZX-12R street/drag bike. 8.97 @155.7 pump gas, dot tires, no bars, no power adders. top speed in the 1/4: 161MPH

New member 14 Oct 2006 21:54 #84389

• rstnick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 376
Welcome Zach.

Nice to work with your Dad on a bike project. Gotta get my kids interested in bikes. They like their boards and video games. Only my oldest, 12, has shown an interest to go for a ride.

Good luck to getting Dad on giving you a test ride soon on his bike.:evil:
Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

New member 15 Oct 2006 01:51 #84399

• reborn650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
77KZ650 wrote:

Nice job on the bike, get lots of expirience and maybe your dad will let you drive the 810 in 3 yrs when you get licensed;) (hey Colin, just get a rev limiter and set it at 4500 for the first week;) )
now you just need to get a good middle weight project bike going, take your time and get it perfect over the next 3 yrs
Scott

Hey gang- Thanks for the nice welcome to my boy. He's the type of young man that anyone Dad wouild be proud to call a son and he is a natural on a bike and behind the wheel of anything.

77Kz650, Zach will have the bike one day when he is old enough, but not until I am done having fun:)

I remember when Zach was about 5 years old. We were out for some last minute Christmas shopping with his two older sisters. I had parked my Jeep on an icey hill in a strip mall parking lot. I was just running in to get a gift and must've left the Jeep in gear without the hand brake on. I watched from about 20 feet away as Zach undid his belt and jumped into the front seat to pull the hand brake before the Jeep hit anything. The little bugger was tuned in to anylthing with a motor even back then. Needless to say his sisters were pretty impressed by his reflexes.

Zach has been lurking around Kzr for a long time reading my posts and he is a true motorhead. Having just turned 13 he is like most young kids, lottsa questions and a short attention span, but the little bugger remembers everything.

We just scored a deal on a 5.5 racing go-kart and now just have to convicnce his Mom that it is a good past time for us. The reality is that I always wanted to race so I can have my fun with my son. Since I already bought it, I have to go for the close on the deal...with her.

Thanks again for the welcome. It means a lot to him as he knows I often quote the advice and topics from Kzr.

Cheers-Colin Firth -Ontario Canada
-1977 Kz650 Custom bought new by brother. Now with 810 kit, GPz750 cams, intake valves, Mikuni 29 smoothbores, velocity stacks, Dyna Igntion, MAC pipe and other goodies.
-1982 Ferrari 308 GTSi Red/Tan
-Toyota FJ Cruiser - 6 speed tank
-2010 Mazda CX-7 Turbo (my bride's)
-1998 Jeep TJ Wrangler 4.0...

New member 16 Oct 2006 09:04 #84687

• dkmk
  • User
  • Thank you received: 18
Hey Zach! Gotta' say the bike looks even better up close! Great job! What we have here folks is an up an coming connoisseur of vintage Japanese motorcycles.

I remember pulling into to Colin's driveway a few weeks back on the way to the VRRA races in North Bay, and Zach had looked to his Dad with a questioning look and an inquiry as to why my bike sounded like it did. Colin just smiled and explained that is what the original pipes sounded like. Anyway, he liked what he heard, and I was impressed with his enthusiasm and desire to learn of all things KZ, and motorcycles in general.

Colin, before long you will be looking for another bike if you want to ride, because we know where your 650 will be; under Zach and tearing up the asphalt around town!:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Have fun with the racing cart!!!
Northern Ontario
Zapp: "Kif, I'm feeling the Captain's Itch."
Kif: "I'll get the powder, sir."

New member 17 Oct 2006 08:35 #84924

• reborn650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
He can wash it. He can polish it. He can change the plugs for me and he can start it and give the throttle a goosing to hear the 810 sing through the header, but....if I ever catch him telling his friends its his, well, you just might see his face on a milk carton:)

Cheers-Colin Firth-Ontario Canada
1977Kz650 Custom -810 big-bore with lottsa go-fast goodies tucked away inside.
-1977 Kz650 Custom bought new by brother. Now with 810 kit, GPz750 cams, intake valves, Mikuni 29 smoothbores, velocity stacks, Dyna Igntion, MAC pipe and other goodies.
-1982 Ferrari 308 GTSi Red/Tan
-Toyota FJ Cruiser - 6 speed tank
-2010 Mazda CX-7 Turbo (my bride's)
-1998 Jeep TJ Wrangler 4.0...

• Page: