Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

First Season, First Bike... 25 Sep 2006 19:58 #79613

• jjStinger72
  • jjStinger72's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Love the site guys. Im a new rider from Buffalo, NY. After talking about getting bikes for years with my dad, i finnaly got the um... gumpsion this spring to go out and get the permit. He got sick with the big C last summer. Picked up a 81 KZ750 LTD early this June ('06), and put it on the road the day of his wake. She's fairly clean, and runs well... er ran well. Leave it to a problem to point me in the right direction. A site dedicated to KZ's is frickin awesome. Not sure why i didnt think of lookin for a place like this earlier. I'm still working on a lot of the terminology, but anyway... just wanted to say Hey, and im off to find some tips for fixing a stuck float in the #3 carb. Gotta get this girl back on the road for the few days of the season we got left up here ;)

~Jay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

First Season, First Bike... 25 Sep 2006 21:24 #79642

• wireman
  • Visitor
welcome to z-jungle.we do require pictures of bikes though to make sure you are not just one of those guys from that nigerian honda site again trying to sell 305 hondas in the crate with kawasaki emblems painted on them for$25,000.00 each saying they are 1972 z1s .;)just kidding we do like pictures though !the moderaters dont let us out much,so we need all the pictures we can get!:P

Post edited by: wireman, at: 2006/09/26 00:44

First Season, First Bike... 25 Sep 2006 21:44 #79648

• tganek
  • Visitor
Welcome! Don't worry, we feed wireman regularly! Just keep your fingers away from the bars...

Search around and I think you will be surprised to find the 750LTDs are the fastest and best of the KZ lineage!

pictures!

First Season, First Bike... 25 Sep 2006 21:50 #79650

• wireman
  • Visitor
tganek wrote:

Welcome! Don't worry, we feed wireman regularly! Just keep your fingers away from the bars...

Search around and I think you will be surprised to find the 750LTDs are the fastest and best of the KZ lineage!

pictures!

fastest?:blink:well i guess lorcans gpz750 is the fastest topend wise but steell has been working on that 750 twin again,i see a grudge match in the making!:evil: :P
Attachments:

First Season, First Bike... 26 Sep 2006 06:00 #79684

• IowaKZ
  • User
  • '80 G1 Classic
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome Jay. I know just how you feel. I wish I had found this site a long time ago. I learned a lot that I wish I knew before I bought my bike.
1980 G1 Classic
Bettendorf, Iowa

First Season, First Bike... 26 Sep 2006 07:39 #79707

• georgeha
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Jay,

Welcome, I'm just up the Thruway.

I have to see if I really fixed my starter clutch, so I can make the most of the last month or two of riding season.

George

First Season, First Bike... 28 Sep 2006 11:19 #80282

• jjStinger72
  • jjStinger72's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Appreciate the warm welcome fellas. I will definately work on the photo shoot, and see if i can get them up to photo bucket or something. Site was wonderful. I think i have licked my Carb problem for now. Bottle of Gumout and a screwdriver handle rap-a-tap tap and it seems good, until i can pull em apart this winter. Now the latest in my saga. Im off to the engine section... I really am not brite. I have no garage, and my driveway is stone. I put the bike up on its center stand in the levelest part of the driveway. Ive had it there all summer, covered when there's been weather. Well, woke up yesterday morning to find her on her side. :( Right mirror is mangled, and the Alumnimum Cover thats right next to the foot break is cracked. *shakes head* Now if i can just figure out what its called, i can see about getting a replacement.

First Season, First Bike... 29 Sep 2006 05:21 #80422

• dkmk
  • User
  • Thank you received: 18
Welcome! Nice lookin' ride! As for terminology, that would be, according to Kawasaki, is a contact breaker cap. More commonly referred to as a points cover. Hope this helps.

Points Cover

Northern Ontario
Zapp: "Kif, I'm feeling the Captain's Itch."
Kif: "I'll get the powder, sir."
Attachments:

• Page: