Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

ne here, 13 Sep 2006 13:56 #76495

• tnutz
  • tnutz's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
names taylor, from Regina Saskatchewan Canada.

well, it won't be a KZR that i bought, it will be a GPZ 1100, an 81....and it's in fabulous shape with only 24,000km's on the clock...

Now the whole bike looks like new...but i am concerend about the DFI...can you still order the computer if it goes?, I know you can fit a set of carbs on it. does anyone have anymore info for me???

sorry, i just couldn't find any answers on the net or other forums about this bike..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ne here, 13 Sep 2006 14:47 #76505

• IowaKZ
  • User
  • '80 G1 Classic
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcom tnutz

I can't answe you questio abou the DFI.

Howeve, I hav bee to Regina onc. We wer visitin som relative in Mooseja and we too a sid tri to the museu.

We als wen to the Airsho and saw the Snowbird

I got my pictur take wit a Rea Mounti

We wen on to Banff. It wa beautifu

Welcome to the site:laugh:
1980 G1 Classic
Bettendorf, Iowa

ne here, 13 Sep 2006 15:09 #76516

• tnutz
  • User
hey, come one now.. at first i thought you had a wrecked keyboard, then i realized you were mocking me.

if your bike is an 1980 would it not be the same fuel injection as my bike?? Digital fuel injection it was called?

Post edited by: tnutz, at: 2006/09/13 18:10

ne here, 13 Sep 2006 16:00 #76530

• rstnick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 376
Welcome tnutz.

Try searching through the archives as well. I can't recall DFI being discussed before, but it's not a subject I would have read up on.

Love the GPzs though. Give us a picture will ya.
Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

ne here, 14 Sep 2006 03:06 #76615

• Mcdroid
  • Away
  • User
  • Gone Kwackers
  • Thank you received: 304
Welcome Taylor!

All (well, most) ribbing on this site should be taken lightly...it is merely that...kidding. Congratulations on scoring an early model GPz1100. I too, love the early model GPz's. There has been a fair amount of banter on this site with respect to the early editions of DFI and analog FI. I think your bike has more in common with the G model (as you noted), both have mass air sensors (MAS), injectors directly into head, etc. although they are not directly equivalent. Kawasaki seemed to have learned alot from the 1980 (G and H model) FI experiment and these lessons translated well to the Z1100B1 model. There was in-depth discussion of these bikes (and FI) on this forum not too long ago.

The CPU's still pop up on eBay (there is one from Canada on eBay as I type) fairly frequently and are very reasonably priced, albeit used. They can no longer be purchased through Kawasaki but NOS ones still appear on eBay (usually for outrageous prices...and they usually don't sell). No guarantees on whether or not the used ones actually work...I buy them for my 1100 and archive them (just in case). The flip side being, it is not usually the CPU that initiates trouble, it is the mounting grommets for the CPU (rubber cushions) that deteriorate through time thereby resulting in increased vibrations, thereby resulting in CPU failure. So, if you have a functioning CPU and intact rubber cushions...all should continue to be well :)
Michael
Alvin, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

ne here, 14 Sep 2006 04:18 #76619

• Nevco48
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
I thought he meant "Ne". Like the Knights Who Say Ne?

Yeah, I know, get some coffee and go to work...

Welcome to the site Taylor!

ne here, 14 Sep 2006 06:17 #76642

• IowaKZ
  • User
  • '80 G1 Classic
  • Thank you received: 5
Hey Tnutz, sorry, I was kidding really I was;)

I was at work yesterday and in a really wierd mood, so I took advantage and poked a little fun. I guess I took a chance not knowing how you would take it.

Seriously, no hard feelings? Welcome to the site.

I do have the EFI on my bike, but I defer to Mcdroids superior knowledge and intellect. I just ride mine and hope it keeps working.

On another note, as Mcdroid says, there was a thread a couple of weeks ago on the subject of megasquirts.

There is a whole website dedicated to this subject. Maybe there is some info there than can help you.

Cheers.

Dale:)
1980 G1 Classic
Bettendorf, Iowa

ne here, 14 Sep 2006 16:46 #76769

• tnutz
  • User
no i wasn't mad man, just kidding. Well, it runs like a top right now, so i will definetly check those mounts BUT...i have no clymers yet, so who can tell me where the whole shebang is and what these mounts/ECU looks like...:)

OH, and it's also good to know there is options such as the megasquirt out there too!

• Page: