Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New but lovin' it 03 Sep 2006 10:14 #74243

• KZAnnie
  • KZAnnie's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi guys!! Just bought a 1979 KZ650 B3 and I think I'm in love... ;) Needed a little work on the carbs and I still need to rebuild the petcock, but it is well on its way to ruling the roads of Western PA! It is also getting all shined up and maybe will get a repaint eventually as the original paint is a bit faded. This is the last pic I have...taken 8/15/06:

i95.photobucket.com/albums/l156/KZAnnie/KZ6508-15.jpg

Also, a friend (Medic24) and I are doing a complete rebuild on a 1977 KZ650 C1 and would like to document it online from beginning to end for everyone to see. Can anyone suggest a good (and FREE) site to use for hosting? I've heard GeoCities has really gone downhill and I don't know of any others. Also, can anyone tell me what program I should use to design it? I designed one a few years ago using MS Front Page and it worked pretty well but I don't have that program anymore and MS Word is not cooperating. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New but lovin' it 03 Sep 2006 10:33 #74247

• Nevco48
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi Annie,
Welcome to KZR. That's a sweet bike, good luck with it. There is a guy named Ron who is a member here, he can give you plenty of advice about repainting your bike:laugh:
I don't know diddly squat about your computer questions, but someone here will be able to help you out I'm sure...

New but lovin' it 03 Sep 2006 16:00 #74289

• rstnick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 376
Welcome Annie.

Great looking bike you have there.

You could probably have www.kz650.info/
host it, as it's a site just for the 650s and would love to have your rebuild info for all to see.
Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

New but lovin' it 03 Sep 2006 20:28 #74334

• KZ250LTD
  • User
  • Thank you received: 16
79 KZ1000ST
Past:
Many.

Last edit: by KZ250LTD.

New but lovin' it 07 Sep 2006 05:54 #75050

• medic24
  • User
hhhmmmmmm.... hey that bike looks familar!!!!

New but lovin' it 07 Sep 2006 18:59 #75186

• medic24
  • User
Yep so familiar.... that I rode that bike 242 miles today, with KZAnnie on-board. She's still "learning" she says. Doin' real good too. We left Pittsburgh and went north.... All the way up Rt 66 to Cook's Forest. With the required stop at The Country Store in Leeper for an honest to God dill pickle right from the barrel! Then we rode around the area for a little while, stopping off at Sportsmen's Paradise to admire all the dead animal heads hangin' off the walls, partake of a very good BBQ beef sandwich, onion rings, and some jalapeno popper's before coming back to da' Burg via Rt 68 and Kittanning. What an awesome day, and spent with a good friend. Nothin like a girl in full ridin' gear, sunny day, and a LOT of miles on an old KZ!!!! YEEEeeehhhhaaaaaaaa!!!
Dave

New but lovin' it 07 Sep 2006 19:31 #75195

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
  • Thank you received: 29
Welcome to the fold Annie! :)

You've got a great lookin' bike there, and a very good teacher/friend/fellow KZ'r in medic24.

Oh ya, Goooooo STEELERS! B)
Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ

New but lovin' it 08 Sep 2006 08:15 #75267

• KZAnnie
  • KZAnnie's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you!! And, yes, he is wonderful...he has been very patient with me so far and I can't wait to get out on the road!! Also looking forward to many more long rides before that PA winter sets in.

P.S. Steelers did manage to come up with win last night, 28-17. Here We Go!!

New but lovin' it 09 Sep 2006 20:39 #75568

• medic24
  • User
"so far".... Annie been doin real GOOD!!! She's ready to roll, she just doesn't know it yet! Wait til' ya'all see what she has done with the polishing & cleaning of MY old girl! Annie, you have done a real good job and you can be proud. Give the site a pic and you will see.
Dave

• Page: